Welcome to Rangers, Cyriel Dessers!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hopeful this guy is the answer to our striking needs… in the behind the scenes vid, he came across polite and very respectful, I get the feeling that when he’s on the pitch that attitude will change to a ruthless goal machine who won’t take any shit….

Seems to have a real confidence about himself, which I think our team needs more of…. Only Cantwell shows that touch of arrogance. 

Seems a nice a guy and really happy to be here which I’m loving and I like his strength, pace and general on ball / passing ability.

The thing that still looks missing is he’s another one that doesn’t strike as much of a finisher or goal scorer.

Hopefully we get Danilo as well and maybe as a whole or just generally having more chance creation in Scotland our main 4/5 attacking players all hit good numbers.

Really keen to see how he does, and it seems like he's a really sound guy. I also love the fact that there's a couple of clips floating around of him celebrating wildly in front of opposition fans. I like our players to have a bit of the bastard in them on the pitch.

I initially had worries about pace, and I've seen that brought up a lot. I think it's worth watching the below-clip, though (it's timestamped so will start immediately).

In short, he steals the ball from Sergino Dest, runs half the length of the pitch and manages to avoid being caught. The fact he's able to do this against Dest, a fairly pacy fullback, and whilst running with the ball, is impressive and puts my mind at ease.

On 07/07/2023 at 08:50, NeoGeo7 said:

I think this is a really positive signing, especially when Beale says he was looking for a very specific profile of a player on and off the park.

I also love that this is the case “Cyriel pushed extremely hard to make this transfer a reality and showed a huge desire to come here.

Thats what I want, that’s what has been missing in this squad for awhile a real hunger and desire to play here and be successful.

Look, he can talk the talk - let’s see if he can walk the walk. 

it’s nice to hear the chat but he needs to produce on the field or it’s just empty

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Look, he can talk the talk - let’s see if he can walk the walk. 

it’s nice to hear the chat but he needs to produce on the field or it’s just empty

I agree, but for me if he has fought Cremonese to get the move here then thats a great sign, it doesn't mean he'll be a success but at least he has the hunger and desire to be here which will be night and day from the likes of Morelos, Kent and Kamara

On 06/07/2023 at 20:21, SkylineBlue said:

I've decided he's going to score at least w0 league goals this season and 30+ in all comps.

Welcome, Cyriel.

Wo league goals?

Take it you meant 20 mate.:lol:

Joking aside, he scored 10 goals in the Conference Leauge with 12 appearances. Pretty impressive.

He has been dying to sign for us for years. Wants CL football and to win trophies.

Great fit imo.

Potentially a better striker than Morelos, no red cards, always keeps himself fit, has taken the time to learn English and has a very positive attitude.

He will do for me.

• 1 month later...

Seriously worried about this signing seen absolutely nothing yet from him to think he will lead the line and score +20 goals. Looks weak and nervous not sure what his real qualities are and what he brings to the team. Happily eat my words but far from impressed so far.

Clearly needs time to settle in but he has been worryingly poor so far. Horrendous first touch, can’t get the ball under control, doesn’t have much pace, terrible decision making for the penalty conceded today, hasn’t demonstrated he’s a decent finisher so far…

Danilo looks much more promising. 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Actually thought he played well and if not for their keeper playing a blinder he would have had more than one goal today.

Sorry if that doesn’t fit in with the hysteria though.

Think I’m looking at a different player from most on here even when he came on in Switzerland he wasn’t as bad as made out with the keeper making a great save to deny him the winner 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think I’m looking at a different player from most on here even when he came on in Switzerland he wasn’t as bad as made out with the keeper making a great save to deny him the winner 

Sorry mate  but he was shocking midweek and that gif of his movement when we were attacking kind of sums up everything we’ve seen from him.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I was slaughtering him for missing that one myself until I realised the keeper gets a touch on it before it hits the post. He needs to improve for sure but he’s got a couple of goals already and his link up play has been decent. We’re too quick to write players off.

Morelos had only scored twice at this stage of his first season with us. He turned out no bad.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Sorry mate bit he was shocking midweek and that gif of his movement when we were attacking kind of sums up everything we’ve seen from him.

Not seen the gif but a bit sad if one of our own has made a couple second gif to show how bad he apparently is