Welcome to Rangers Jose Cifuentes

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

There's nothing crazy about it. The squad is bloated, it makes sense to fill the positions we are short in first and there's nearly a month to go in the window.

We're short in defence, we've had John Lundstram in there, a young boy who's not ready and Leon Balogun who was phoned to come in cause he's the manager's mate.

There's a month to go in the window yes, but the squad names for the European qualifiers are going in as we speak.

Just now, bluenose244 said:

We're short in defence, we've had John Lundstram in there, a young boy who's not ready and Leon Balogun who was phoned to come in cause he's the manager's mate.

There's a month to go in the window yes, but the squad names for the European qualifiers are going in as we speak.

Lundstram was playing as we had players missing through illness, and young boys playing pre season is nothing new. Goldson is due back this week, as is King. We've got 4 senior center halves. Players will need to leave, we can't just keep adding.

1 hour ago, bluenose244 said:

Chief Executive James Bisgrove continued: "We are thrilled to have added Jose and Danilo to our men's first-team squad in the last few days, to take us to nine exciting new signings this summer.

"They will complement Kieran Dowell, Jack Butland, Dujon Sterling, Sam Lammers, Abdallah Sima, Cyriel Dessers and Leon Balogun superbly as we look forward to what we hope will be a successful season for everyone connected with Rangers.

"Our Chairman, John Bennett, the Rangers Board, Michael, and I are all delighted with the work that has been done, with the focus now fully on our trip to Kilmarnock for Saturday's Scottish Premiership opener."

Just the tone of those comments and the way i read them, I don't think anymore will be in unless a good few are moved on.

Don’t agree with the board on a lot of issues but they’re right on this one. We’ve let 6 go and signed 9 meaning our squad is still touching 35 players. That’s completely unsustainable until at least 5 are out the door. We could and probably will be paying upwards of 100k a week for players sitting in the house on matchdays. 

1 hour ago, bluenose244 said:

Chief Executive James Bisgrove continued: "We are thrilled to have added Jose and Danilo to our men's first-team squad in the last few days, to take us to nine exciting new signings this summer.

"They will complement Kieran Dowell, Jack Butland, Dujon Sterling, Sam Lammers, Abdallah Sima, Cyriel Dessers and Leon Balogun superbly as we look forward to what we hope will be a successful season for everyone connected with Rangers.

"Our Chairman, John Bennett, the Rangers Board, Michael, and I are all delighted with the work that has been done, with the focus now fully on our trip to Kilmarnock for Saturday's Scottish Premiership opener."

Just the tone of those comments and the way i read them, I don't think anymore will be in unless a good few are moved on.

I agree, it probably doesn't mean that if, for instance, Sakala moves on, we wouldn't look to replace.  But otherwise the squad is complete.

Which obviously raises the question of a left sided CB.

Or the LB position 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Bit different from a Sands type. This boys been consistently good for a while now and was a baw hair away from A 15m move to Brighton bar a last minute collapse.

Fast, skilful and has an eye for goal. He looks a huge upgrade on the likes of Jack, Davis, Lundstram and Kamara. 

Probably the signing of the summer imo.

Plus, Sands could never answer which was his best position when questioned in any interview I ever seen. 

He just wanted a club no matter what, and he was utter shite. 

2 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Think it has been a bit of a strange window on that front. Apart from the out of contract players and Colak we haven’t moved anyone on this summer.

Between those leaving and how last season panned out I think most would’ve agreed that the priority was strengthening our attacking options and we have focussed on that, however I don’t think we are done this summer more we are 3 players more (9 in and 6 out) on what most agreed was a pretty bloated squad last year 

I think the line about focussing on Kilmarnock is probably more along the lines that there isn’t anything imminent planned as we now need to focus on shifting players / slimming down the squad before bringing anyone else in.

We list 33 players as part of the 1st team, granted 4 or 5 of them are academy players so probably sit somewhere in between squads, but discounting them we are realistically still carrying 4 or 5 players too many before we look to bring in anyone else.

For me we ideally shift McLaughlin (assuming we can convince McCrorie he still has a part to play at the club), Davies, Kamara and Wright.  Would be ideal to move on Lundstrum and Matondo if we could get anything for them; or if there is serious bids for Sakala, Barisic or Hagi think we need to consider them.

If we could shift a combination of most of the above think we would be in the market for a left sided defender and / or a left back if Barisic was to move on.

1 hour ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Plus, Sands could never answer which was his best position when questioned in any interview I ever seen. 

He just wanted a club no matter what, and he was utter shite. 

Utter bollox he was too advanced for rest of the team so he couldn't show his best stuff

3 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Can't wait to get rid of Kamara. Actually can't stand him and his shite attitude this past year. 

Might just be an auld grumpy bastard but Kamara still gave me some great moments. Scored in a European semi final.

Fell off a cliff last year but not a fan of slaughtering a guy that came cheap, gave us good moments, even if it didnt end well