The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

I was listening to The Gallant Few - Rangers Podcast and one of the lads on there said 2 interesting things

1. He had heard the players were not sold on what ever the fuck system MB is trying to play

2. He just did not think any of the players looked happy (and they dont)

12 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

I was listening to The Gallant Few - Rangers Podcast and one of the lads on there said 2 interesting things

1. He had heard the players were not sold on what ever the fuck system MB is trying to play

2. He just did not think any of the players looked happy (and they dont)

There were a couple of instances in the scum game where players were gesturing over to Beale as to say what the fucks going on. Unless our tactics were to sit deep then punt the ball out the park they players got the tactics spot on.

3 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

See Villarreal binned their manager last week. Was appointed last October. Done OK last season but has started this season poorly, binned after 4 league games before it becomes a disaster of a season. 

Their board realise this is the time for change before the European campaign becomes a write off and the season fades away in to obscurity. Fans weren't happy, players were playing shit.

Oh, and he was a seemingly proven manager who's coached at the highest level.

I'm sure Villarreal will have no issues attracting a decent candidate list and will probably kick on from here. Yet we sit on our arse and wait for the inevitable rot to set in further, dropping more points before our board acknowledges that it's game over.

Well they’re supposedly considering GVB…

6 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

It was certainly given as a foul but there are enough ex-professionals out there that disagree entirely… at the very least it’s a dubious call. 

It’s certainly not the straightforward decision both of you are making out.

The ex professionals don't go to refereeing refresher courses though where guidelines etc are updated, 

Its not dubious at all, its a foul in the game now as seen in the France v ireland game merely days later, we've also seen fouls given for and against us in the last 2 years for the exact same situation 

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The ex professionals don't go to refereeing refresher courses though where guidelines etc are updated, 

Its not dubious at all, its a foul in the game now as seen in the France v ireland game merely days later, we've also seen fouls given for and against us in the last 2 years for the exact same situation 

I think a lot of ex-pros in the media are just ignorant, lazy or thick tbh.

There’s a few that speak well, but the majority like Hartson, Ferguson, Wilson, Dalziel, Kenny Miller, Andy Walker etc are all thick as two short planks.

Even brighter ones like Ally aren’t exactly up to scratch with rules and analysis. 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Should have a shortlist AT ALL TIMES, regularly reviewed and updated.

Discreet, initial soundings should have been made after the Killie game, yet another game of significance that he failed in.

The irony is that, as the pressure grows, more and more games will become must-win games and we know how he does in them.

This. Any credible business has a dynamically managed succession plan for all key individuals from the CEO to Subject Mattter Experts.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think a lot of ex-pros in the media are just ignorant, lazy or thick tbh.

There’s a few that speak well, but the majority like Hartson, Ferguson, Wilson, Dalziel, Kenny Miller, Andy Walker etc are all thick as two short planks.

Even brighter ones like Ally aren’t exactly up to scratch with rules and analysis. 

I wasn’t talking about footballers. I was talking about both Dermot Gallagher and Refs Watch.

2 minutes ago, Redemption80 said:

Can't say I'm not disappointed, but it's possible that the board have no replacement who can come in now that won't cause the rage that a Martindale/McInnes/McKay would induce.

I know Martindale and McInnes would be met with derision and rightly so but if the McKay you are referring to is Malky then that’s a whole new level of What The Actual Fuck this has turned into.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What if scenario.....

What if the candidate we want says he's not available until the summer. He feels it too great a risk that he'll come midterm, not win the league with Beale's assembled group, and has concerns fans turn if there's blips next Aug then the Board will punt him too.

He's exactly the man we want, he's eager to be boss but wants to start afresh in a summer with a full preseason.

Do we keep Beale til then or look elsewhere instead?

For me if it’s a caretaker we are as good as writing off the season.

I think it’s more likely Beale turns it around than it is a caretaker does.

I understand most think the opposite and don’t care if the caretaker is Callum Davidson they just want him out.

There are no signs yet as far as I’ve seen that there is any squad disharmony or that the players aren’t backing him.

Caretakers rarely work.

3 minutes ago, ayro said:

I know Martindale and McInnes would be met with derision and rightly so but if the McKay you are referring to is Malky then that’s a whole new level of What The Actual Fuck this has turned into.

It is, but was an extreme example to highlight that Beale may be around longer than we want purely because his potential replacement is unaffordable or not willing to take over right now.

5 minutes ago, Redemption80 said:

It is, but was an extreme example to highlight that Beale may be around longer than we want purely because his potential replacement is unaffordable or not willing to take over right now.

Malky McKay is more than an extreme example mate 😂

4 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Does anyone actually think that  Beale is a better manager than Malky, Martindale or McInnes ?

Of course he isn’t. It could be argued that along with that wee rat cunt Naismith, Beale could be up there with the worse managers in the league. He’s genuinely that clueless! He’s like a cross between Ian Cathro and Mike Bassett.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Probably not, but that doesn’t mean any of them are good enough to manage us either.

Nope and I wouldn’t want any of them managing us either. Just shows how much of a fuck up having Beale as manager is, absolutely frightening! This part of our history on the park is definitely our darkest. (I’m reiterating ON THE PARK)