Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 minute ago, beararse said:

No’ really hard to work out.

In the sense that the news Clement will become the Rangers manager is second fiddle to the Rangers’ Womens team playing Hibs on Rangers web site’s ‘latest news’ page.

Seems pretty obvious to me given most ‘latest news’ pages usually leads with the breaking news. 

I’d have expected it to trump an interview with Tav were the men’s team playing Hibs today.

Sexist pig 

Glad he’s already got his assistant sorted. Felt like we waited ages to see if GVB’s previous assistant would follow from China. I’d be very happy to see some local coaches of a decent calibre join. Someone like Davidson would be excellent if he’s happy to take up that kind of role while waiting for his next management job. 

4 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

Looking at his Instagram he likes to go with the pep look at the sideline, is it time to ditch the suit? Or is it a tradition that needs to stay in place?

Don’t think it matters tbh as long as they look dressed well 

12 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

Looking at his Instagram he likes to go with the pep look at the sideline, is it time to ditch the suit? Or is it a tradition that needs to stay in place?

Better be in a suit and brogues, preferably brown.

Duno why it bothers me so much but it does :lol:

There seems to be some amount of negativity on twitter etc. Now that we have got him. 

Some fans are never happy.

I would probbably have preferred muscat but on paper this guy is the best we could have got. 

Hopefully he gets the best out of what we have and has some scope to do business in Jan. 

23 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Glad he’s already got his assistant sorted. Felt like we waited ages to see if GVB’s previous assistant would follow from China. I’d be very happy to see some local coaches of a decent calibre join. Someone like Davidson would be excellent if he’s happy to take up that kind of role while waiting for his next management job. 

Davidson would make so much sense to me, vast experience of our league, has won trophies & seems like a thoroughly decent chap. 

32 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ll go against probably what most think but i think we need at least 1 maybe even 2 on his backroom staff and extended backroom who are Rangers minded coaches.

I’ve said before, Scottish football is a freak of a league and we need someone in there with knowledge of the league and our club/standards.

Yup. I hope we do something like this 

Philippe Clement - Honours

Player

Genk

Belgian Cup: 1997–98

Club Brugge

Belgian First Division: 2002–03, 2004–05
    Belgian Cup: 2001–02, 2003–04, 2006–07
    Belgian Super Cup: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Manager

Genk

Belgian Pro League: 2018–19

Club Brugge

Belgian Pro League: 2019–20, 2020–21
    Belgian Super Cup: 2021

Individual

Belgian Manager of the Season: 2018–19
    Belgian Best Coach of the Year: 2019, 2020
    Raymond Goethals Award: 2018, 2019

40 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You should be interested in every level of Rangers equally or you aren’t a Rangers fan iirc 

Don’t talk pish.

There are 59 pages of comments on the subject of the Rangers’ Womens team since 2020.

The announcement of Clement as manager has 12 pages after 4 hours and there was 58 pages prior to his appointment generated over the last week or so.

It’s evident what the bigger story is.