Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

After so many managers who spoke a lot of pish since Walter (and I include Gerrard in that) its so refreshing to listen to him, I could honestly listen to him all day, hes got a calming influence in his voice but has that look and sound of someone who doesnt suffer fools.

Proper manager at last.

The last 2 managers were given a decent amount of money to go out and get new players .Mixed results and certainly as per usual the better signings were the cheaper /free signings .

But you just have so much confidence in this guy that if he spends 5/6m on a player we are getting a cracker .

Just loving this story he’s making 😁

6 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Honestly believe we can do the treble with a couple additions in January 

It's very possible with the right additions. Really belive we've finally got the right manager in Clement we just need to give him the tools.

League is 50/50. We know full well the tarriers will panic spend in January. If we keep them under pressure but, something we've not done in a long time I think they'll struggle with how toxic there support will get. 

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s just got it hasn’t he. Said it before but his presence on the touch line is remarkable really. Fully believe we can win the treble this season with Clement. He’s a couple of his own signings in January from absolutely slapping these cunts all over. 

He'll do for me. He just has something about him and you can see the players would run through brick walls for him already. Was telling in his post match interview with McCoist that he wasn't only relying on the Jan transfer window to fix things but that it was his job to improve the players we already have. That for me is what a manager is all about, adding where needed but making sure you are getting the best out of everyone. (even Lammers & Dessers). We are in safe hands.

I want to firstly apologize, and point out I really don’t mean to bring any negative vibes on today.. I said In the match thread something that could be taken as a negative but I’m buzzing with today and it’s a day for celebration 100%

Phils done an incredible job in a short space of time, I absolutely love the guy I bought into him instantly and I firmly believe he is the man to take us forward properly for the first time since 2012

but this interview scares me a little, maybe I’m steaming.. well I am steaming.. but anyway

from 1.17 he’s asked a question about tav where his response refers to tavs mentality and character. I don’t like to slander rangers players I take no satisfaction in it, he took his goal well today, he’s been a loyal servant there’s zero doubts about it, days like today make it 1, stupid of me to make this post in the first place, 2, probably hard for people to agree with me, and I don’t blame them really 

I don’t want to see the back of tav at all, I think he can do a job for us.. but I also don’t think he’s the captain we need to be a force and stake a claim at being consistent silverware winners

i also ain’t stupid enough to think it’s that easy for Phil to take the armband off a player who’s been captain for the past several seasons without probably causing an issue 

but it has been echoed on here by many the opinion I mentioned above, and part of me knows this is entirely the wrong time to post this, I just don’t want fans to have today deflect from the fact that we are genuinely quite a big rebuild away from being consistent silverware challengers

i don’t mean to single tav out because straight after Phil’s comment on him he refers to having “several” personalities in the dressing room a “few leaders”

ultimately, I think maybe we can assume who some of these players are, and they would be the ones who have done the same cycle with previous managers, good starts, then delivering nothing 

we won a trophy today, so that somewhat cancels out the end of that last paragraph

i just don’t want clement getting sold down the river by certain players like we have seen happen before

today was incredible, I’m just trying to keep myself grounded.

Nothing much to add to what has already been said other than my own personal thanks.

In a short space of time he has taken a squad that is imbalanced and was listing aimlessly, instilled leadership and desire and given us a team that, while still having some major deficiencies and imbalance, is recognisable as a Rangers team.  

The biggest compliment I can give Clement today is that if I watched that game today with no context it could easily have been Walter managing us.  Due to all the issues we know about we were probably below par up top, but there was a determination to win, discipline and togetherness that all of Walter’s best teams had on display today. To take us from where we were to that in such a short space of time is remarkable and I cannot wait to see how he continues our story.

I couldn’t get a ticket for today so had the pleasure of watching at home with my old man and my son.  Rightly or wrongly I decided I wasn’t going to force Rangers on him, but instead let him become a fan if he wanted. He might still be too young to fully understand what it was all about, but watching the joy on his face when we lifted the trophy today I know we have welcomed another bear in to the family!