*****The Official Rangers v Ross County Thread*****

13 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

@born a blue nose he means you btw

I had to scroll back to check and he may have started it, but i think it’s was actually @Blacky Bear 

Anyway, after settling I'm happy with tonight.

On reflection, being frustrated that it wasn’t 5/6/7 is so much better than how I felt 6 months ago.

43 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Why is Goldson getting blamed for the goal by some? 

For me, the blame lied on big JS, once for the lead up and secondly for the cross.

Maybe I need to see it again.

I have seen the replay and they were both caught out imo.

I'd blame both equally in hindsight as they are meant to be a CB partnership.

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Lots to be positive about but still think we’ll be kicking ourselves at the end of the season for not adding a proper finisher in January!

Let's hope that isn't the case mate.

I don't think there is a poster on here who didn't want to sign a proven striker in the January transfer window.

I am very happy with the signings we did make though. They are showing early promise.

I think they will be enough to get us over the line. I trust big Phil's judgement.

55 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Why is Goldson getting blamed for the goal by some? 

For me, the blame lied on big JS, once for the lead up and secondly for the cross.

Maybe I need to see it again.

Both are at fault. JS initially but Goldson needs to stop the cross ball but as per he doesn’t. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Best we’ve played in a while, first 20 minutes was ridiculous. 

Cantwell best player on the park, finishing is hilariously bad all round. 

Never play Scott Wright again please, Phil.

Phil obviously plays Wright for his pace when opposition players are starting to tire

I wish he would stop it. He is fast but has no end product.

The fact he is still here is a sign of our very poor signings over the last few seasons imo.

Just back at times tonight some of the passing was outstanding it certainly reflected the shots on goal .

We should have buried them tonight sloppy.defemding costs us again although it was a cracking finish it should have been snuffed out Goldson gave too much space to the lad ditto Souttar .

Happy we are now at Level pegging & puts us right into contention for the run in .

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

finishing is hilariously bad all round. 

All hilarity aside, it is a serious issue and could cost us dear. Our conversion rate to goal scoring chances created is awful, we simply do not score from corners or basically any other set pieces apart from the two or three Tav free kicks per season when he finally  manages to get the ball over the wall. 

I do not know what the answer is to our pathetic conversion rate, hopefully Clement does and is actively managing a solution to our striking profligacy.

30 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I have seen the replay and they were both caught out imo.

I'd blame both equally in hindsight as they are meant to be a CB partnership.

My view on the goal is it should have been a foul for the handful of shirt Brophy had but it wasn't given then we didn't defend well.

I'm pleased we showed our character and dominance again but way too many missed chances and we should have smashed them.

I think we may have found the right midfield balance, finally. Lundstram with the defensive dig and graft, but can also get forward at ease and create chances. Lawrence with some superb vision and passing.....and not afraid to shoot from distance. Also, Cantwell with a mixture of defensive hard work and creativity going forward. If Lawrence can keep fit, (yes, I'm going to say it :craphead: ) he'll be like a new signing. 

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

I think we may have found the right midfield balance, finally. Lundstram with the defensive dig and graft, but can also get forward at ease and create chances. Lawrence with some superb vision and passing.....and not afraid to shoot from distance. Also, Cantwell with a mixture of defensive hard work and creativity going forward. If Lawrence can keep fit, (yes, I'm going to say it :craphead: ) he'll be like a new signing. 

We need to find a place for Diomande. I would consider moving Lawrence into the front 3 and Cortés on the right. (I noticed he shifted over there late on)