*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s must win for us really.

I know people will inevitably say if we do lose / draw ‘aye but we’ve still to play then again’ but if we don’t win on Sunday, I can’t see us winning the title. 

Feel like this is definitely who wins, wins the league.

If we beat Dundee and go 5 points clear can’t see any way we lose the title. We lose they’ll get the boost to see them through the rest of the season.

29 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not sure that's the case tbh.

They would take a draw and be confident of beating us at the dump. 

I'm probably just looking at it from our perspective more than I should be!

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So, he’s done less than McCausland, but should be there on the basis of an ok 45 minutes against Hibs? He was garbage against Benfica. Matondo should never play on the right, I agree, I’d still rather him than Wright.

I wouldn’t say he’s done less than McCausland tbh, Wrights performance in the league cup semi was better than anything McCausland has done for us. I liked McCausland when he first came into the team but he’s been hiding on the park since he got his contract. 

This is making me sound like a Scott Wright fan which I’m not. I just think some of the comments on him potentially playing this game are a bit harsh based on recent performances in that position from all the players mentioned. We’ll need to agree to disagree on his Benfica performance, I thought he put a good shift in that night 

Either way let’s just hope it’s Sterling playing that position on Sunday and Ridvan is back at left back. Sterling will make that wee fanny Taylor shit his pants 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Pressure is definitely more on us. They’ve already chucked their point gap, it’s on us to prove we are worthy of actually going on to win it now 

100% , we’ve still got to prove that we actually believe we can beat them.  I’m still more than a bit anxious about whether we’ll play like we do have that belief 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A draw will be a far better result for them considering we still have to go there and let’s be honest, our record there is diabolical.

You win the home games, you lose the away.

That's what you always have to assume and it's been the same for decades (minus a few years when we got promoted).

Anything other than a win at home is unacceptable and you bite your hand off for a draw away.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Pressure is definitely more on us. They’ve already chucked their point gap, it’s on us to prove we are worthy of actually going on to win it now 

It's huge totally agree...but they have some how chucked 8+ points away after clement has arrived so I think the pressure is slightly more on them. If we get stuck into them, close them down ,force them into mistakes errors early doors it will just ignite our support. Fingers crossed tho🤞

We need to be clinical, and take our chances on Sunday...I thought we were the better side in the New Year game, the only difference was they were more clinical in front of goal. I have nightmares of Dessers missing a open goal to win us the game 🙈

13 minutes ago, SANDYGER said:

If we win on Sunday, there's a right good chance we could win the league at their dump. 

Imagination running away with me , but fuck me there's a Carslberg advert right there.

The powers that be will do their best avoid that scenario. 

Imagine winning the league there with no gers fans though. 

26 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

We need to be clinical, and take our chances on Sunday...I thought we were the better side in the New Year game, the only difference was they were more clinical in front of goal. I have nightmares of Dessers missing a open goal to win us the game 🙈

I don’t think there was a better side in it. There was a period near the end when we were a man down that we bizarrely started to play well and they went into panic mode, but other than that we didn’t do much. Dessers moment was horrific, but there was a couple of other bad moments aswell. Cantwell had an idiot moment when he decided to go alone instead of lay someone off either side of him and I seem to remember someone going for glory at the end when they could have put it across the face of the goal?

The last couple of old firms have lacked quality from both sides in truth, they’ve ended up on the winning side though because they’ve a striker who scores half chances against us 

40 minutes ago, SANDYGER said:

If we win on Sunday, there's a right good chance we could win the league at their dump. 

Imagination running away with me , but fuck me there's a Carslberg advert right there.

There's a 0% chance of that happening never mind 'a right good chance'

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think there was a better side in it. There was a period near the end when we were a man down that we bizarrely started to play well and they went into panic mode, but other than that we didn’t do much. Dessers moment was horrific, but there was a couple of other bad moments aswell. Cantwell had an idiot moment when he decided to go alone instead of lay someone off either side of him and I seem to remember someone going for glory at the end when they could have put it across the face of the goal?

The last couple of old firms have lacked quality from both sides in truth, they’ve ended up on the winning side though because they’ve a striker who scores half chances against us 

Kieran fucking Dowell. We had an overload at the back post and he blasted it over the bar instead of crossing.