Balogun

1 hour ago, Goofy The Scot said:

No coincidence our defence started looking ropey when Balogun got injured, we looked far more solid with him in there. He's quick and aggressive, Goldson's a carthorse in comparison. Just a shame we don't have anyone really solid to partner him as Souttar's a bombscare at times, Goldson's fuckin' gash and Davies is Davies. In fairness Davies probably deserves a chance to partner Balogun more than the other two...... as much as that pains me to say.

Davies deserves nothing, he can stay away from playing thanks 

Glad he's back in the team.

I was honestly not his biggest fan and always thought he was a drop off on Helander first time round but they two alternating during 55 worked really well.

However with Goldson dropping off at an alarming rate and Souttar being Souttar he has just managed to put in consistent performances.

He's given Goldson and Barisic confidence earlier this season and I'm sure will do the same with Souttar.

Mentioned this before but he's the only guy in our squad who has won something every year he's played with us. He's clearly a good influence in the dressing room, adores the club and I'm assuming isn't on massive money either.

Balogun was outstanding today.   Just pipped Cantwell for MOTM for me.

I would play him and Goldson in back four from now on.  Goldson plays better when Balogun is there (or maybe it just appears that way).   After he got the face injury we brought in Souttar who is a bomb scare.  

15 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Balogun was outstanding today.   Just pipped Cantwell for MOTM for me.

I would play him and Goldson in back four from now on.  Goldson plays better when Balogun is there (or maybe it just appears that way).   After he got the face injury we brought in Souttar who is a bomb scare.  

Souttar keeps making mistakes, every game now.  I'd have Goldson and Balogun. 

17 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Souttar keeps making mistakes, every game now.  I'd have Goldson and Balogun. 

Goldson & Balogun formed a good partnership when Souttar was missing early in the season.

Still, I always find it harsh on players when we play them out of position. Souttar is clearly not comfortable on the left side.

He had a nightmare for 15 minutes at the start of the second half, which is what fans remember, but he also made some key interceptions yesterday. Souttar is a decent player.

• 3 months later...