12,000 on Season Ticket Waiting List

Gazzasleftfoot

25 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Shite effort but fill the corners and have screens like that

20190215193258.jpg

The corners where the screens are located are the only corners where you could possibly install seating.  I estimate that probably a maximum of maybe 3000 at each of the corners but there would be an issue with restricted view seats due to the vertical supports for the stand roofs.

1 hour ago, Bydo said:

It still absolutely sickens me that people who bought STs for those seasons were (and still are) not offered any discount on premiership STs.

Definetley agree with that, as someone who bought one for the 3rd/2nd division (missed the championship as I was out of work), id happily see anyone who was there for the whole time get a discount and a pretty significant 1 at that

Those fans kept the club afloat, they went to every away game thousands at a time & to this day they haven't had any acknowledgement for it tbh

Best wa

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

The corners where the screens are located are the only corners where you could possibly install seating.  I estimate that probably a maximum of maybe 3000 at each of the corners but there would be an issue with restricted view seats due to the vertical supports for the stand roofs.

Reckon they could do what they’ve done at Old Trafford with the supports to avoid that.  old Trafford’s govan stand equivalent also also has a third tier similar to the club deck, reckon we could follow that example. 

Anyway, if it is true we need to upgrade the stadium, even if it wasn’t if the tarriers can get 60,000 most weeks, we certainly can with our bigger support.  

50 minutes ago, jamess said:

Sorry but disagree.  Before admin I only went to the odd game due to the usual family commitments and working away. I did my 'every game' commitments in the 70's.  I bought a season ticket again for me and my family when in the lower divisions to support the club in a time of need and never missed a home game. I'm sure many did for similar reasons.  I do not expect any special treatment for this.

I applaud you mate- but being one of the only 10,000 who sat on a fucking freezing pishing night watching us get pumped by Raith Rovers, I realised that many didn’t.

10 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I applaud you mate- but being one of the only 10,000 who sat on a fucking freezing pishing night watching us get pumped by Raith Rovers, I realised that many didn’t.

Our home and away support has been solid regardless of the poor teams we have put on the park.  No arguments there.  Just don't think we should expect any special treatment as that's what a support does. Nobody made us turn up - we knew we had to.

I'd like to be 100% sorted (consistently winning titles) on the pitch before even thinking about any of this tbh. 

There's no guarantee this demand is going to keep up, especially if any funds for playing staff suffer because we decide to expand on the basis of a waiting list. 

All the suggestions to increase the capacity are achievable.  

Both Govan corners with restructured roof supports adds 4000 for each corner.

Adding rows at each end for overhang like the Govan adds 1000.

Lowering the pitch and adding rows to both side stands and possibly ends.  Adds up to 3000.  May be limited by the sight lines for the upper tiers, ie if you lower the pitch will you still be able to see the near touch line from the stands?  There might also be issues with the level of the water table.

Third tier on the Govan adds 7000.

If safe standing was introduced at ratios seen in Germany (1 seat to 1.7 standing) then you could add another  1500 to the capacities of BF and CF or 1000 to the capacity of each enclosure.

The bottom line with any redevelopment is money.  Each seat in the ground averages £20 revenue per game, that is about £500 per season.  So 1000 new seats generates £500,000 per season, £5 million for ten seasons.   So if we fill the corners and add 8000 seats we potentially create £40 million revenue over 10 years assuming we can sell 60000 seats every game.  

So any potential expansion will be looked at in cost - benefit terms.