FARE attending the game tonight

RFC55

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I would not trust them as far as I could throw them.

Even if the place was like a library tonight, they can claim that they heard this, that or the other and it is accepted as gospel.

And if evidence was required, I wouldn’t put it past them to produce stuff from previous games - then claim it was from tonight.

These scumbags are a real threat to us and we are going to have to get creative. The degree of commitment and energy that our enemies spend on us is a back handed compliment I suppose and suggests that, for the first time in years, they see us as a threat.

Sad thing we'll need to up our interest in them if we're want to fight back. Forensic analysis of the goings on at their games, with big social media campaigns to highlight it. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Domestically they have no remit mate but I'm seriously considering my options for Europe this season and the coming ones 

I've said it and I'll say it again in the games we've sung TBB and SR this season we've given them the open goal they needed. (I've sang them this season in those games btw) but I don't believe if we stop just those two songs they'll go away. 

They'll then start to scrutinise other songs, if they can't find the meaning of them they'll make it up. They've kept attending our games almost from their inception, they've tried and tried and tried to get us done and in a way tbf to uefa they had largely ignored them this time round but St Joes game really left them no choice sadly.

The same songs were sung last season in Europe and nothing was done. 

I won't sing anything naughty tonight but the full songbook will be getting aired on Sunday, it'll be electric. 

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

Sad thing we'll need to up our interest in them if we're want to fight back. Forensic analysis of the goings on at their games, with big social media campaigns to highlight it. 

Exactly. 

The last thing any of us would choose to do is go their midden and mix with them, purely with the intent of gathering material to take to UEFA but that is what they (and their puppets, FARE) are doing.

It might be that we have to do the same.

I remember when it was all about our eleven players against their eleven players and may the best team win. Pretty fucking long way from that now, aren’t we?

5 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

There must be other games more worthy of uefa attention. Teams from Balkan countries playing each other and Turkey and Greek teams. I can't imagine they don't involve racism and extreme nationalism. 

Do they get fines and bans? 

Just googled the uefa fines list and they do. The amount of money they fine club and national teams is huge. 

6 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Just googled the uefa fines list and they do. The amount of money they fine club and national teams is huge. 

How many clubs have had partial stadium closures?

I have seen other clubs get repeated fines, and very few of them have get stadium closures.

8 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

How many clubs have had partial stadium closures?

I have seen other clubs get repeated fines, and very few of them have get stadium closures.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/26/stadium-bans-fines-banners-uefa-has-dealt-racism-last-decade/

40 minutes ago, tm91 said:

That's a blatant lie to start with as we know for a fact that celtic fans have been to Rangers games as FARE observers. Even if they are not sending celtic fans, the organisation is ran by a hardcore supporter  of our greatest rivals, and we seem to attract an undue amount of attention compared to them or other British sides. That alone should give the Board enough to be questioning Uefa.

Who and which games? 

18 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

There must be other games more worthy of uefa attention. Teams from Balkan countries playing each other and Turkey and Greek teams. I can't imagine they don't involve racism and extreme nationalism. 

Do they get fines and bans? 

FARE decide which games they want to attend. As I understand it UEFA have their own delegates attending all games.

FARE are the ones with the agenda against us going out their way to find evidence and report us.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

From FARE website:

Which matches are monitored?

Members of the Fare team assess all international matches in Europe for the likelihood of discriminatory behavior and send observers to matches that we identify as a risk for potentially high levels of racism, extreme nationalism, xenophobia, antisemitism or homophobia.

The assessment is made on the basis of previous reports received by Fare and an evaluation into the nature of the fixture in its socio-cultural context.

Fare does not send observers to domestic league fixtures. However we receive reports through the media, from members and incoming reports, which help us to develop a picture.

Who are the Fare observers?

The Fare observers are experts who have been recruited through an open process from across Europe. All have background knowledge in anti- discrimination issues and fan scenes.

All observers speak the language of the teams they have been appointed to observe and are familiar with the corresponding fan cultures. The observers are working on a voluntary basis and are committed to being unbiased. They are not appointed as an observer at a game involving a team they follow themselves as supporters, or a close rival team.

All observers receive training and agree to a strict code of conduct before they start their work. Observers are independent individuals and are not required to be Fare members. Fare members, conversely, are not usually Fare observers.

To protect the personal safety of our observers, Fare guarantees their anonymity towards third parties and we vouch for the quality of their work. All reports are vetted and checked for quality.

How do the Observers prepare for matches?

Fare observers conduct research and draw on their own experience prior to their designated match. They observe the game in the stadium to record incidents of discriminatory chanting, displays of far-right symbols and other examples of overt discriminatory activities. After the final whistle, the observer will submit a report to Fare detailing all discriminatory incidents noted during the match.

An assessment of the report is made by Fare and it is filed with the appropriate international governing body.

What are we reporting?

Fare reports all activities of a discriminatory nature: racist, homophobic and sexist incidents, abuse of disabled people and far-right or nationalist symbols or actions.

Incidents can include overtly discriminatory behaviour such as monkey gestures or Nazi salutes, chants, banners, flags, clothing, parts of choreographies, slogans or songs that can be heard or seen during the respective game.

A fucking bigger stitch up I've never seen. They assess all matches but send to risk ones or ones where theyve reported teams before. So that's parity fucked for targeted persecution. They say they get observers and ensure they're not at matches of teams they follow or is a rival - but ensure anonymity so only they know about the observer's background. 

There is no independent overview of them. They are judge and jury and write to their supporting executioner in UEFA.

Its simply corrupt like our Compliance officer role and UEFA itself. And given the tweets and comments from Piara Powar it's obvious their leanings.

If Rangers wanted to they could challenge the mechanics, scope, impartiality and integrity of FARE. Legally, perhaps with the support of others who appear victim of this organisation rather than UEFA's own match delegates. But they wont. 

Whilst we need to stop certain songs and add-ons, and we will, these cunts will never stop attending our games whilst ignoring others.  But given only FARE themselves know if the anonymous observer (turns out to be Seamus O Rafferty fae the Gallowgate) is impartial, Rangers need to challenge every aspect of every bit of evidence against us by this mob. Shame we've no stomach for it. 

Is it not prejudicial to continually focus on the same clubs?

If they are using videos / cameras etc is this legally acceptable, do they carry the same level of authority as Police Scotland?

Also it’s ok with them to have far left views, WTF!!

You are bang on, this is a stitch up and is only going to get worse.

Fuck FARE

1 minute ago, ayro said:

Is it not prejudicial to continually focus on the same clubs?

If they are using videos / cameras etc is this legally acceptable, do they carry the same level of authority as Police Scotland?

Also it’s ok with them to have far left views, WTF!!

You are bang on, this is a stitch up and is only going to get worse.

Fuck FARE

Yes you could argue their targeting of us is prejudiced in itself. Equal and opposite weight should have long been aimed at sellik considering they have consistently been in Europe for many years now. 

6 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I'll edit this post with a link when I'm home as I'm currently posting while writing my paper because I love procrastination apparently, but off the top of my head I know that two celtic fans seemingly acted as FARE observers when we were away to PSV in Eindhoven in 2011.

Even if they have since changed the rules, that example is a precedent for our current predicament and should have been considered unacceptable then.

An any way vaguely competent senior management would've tackled this blatant hypocrisy many years ago