Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

Dunno if they are definitely superior quality, the mesh bit everyone goes on about looks a bit cheap to me. they are replicas either way, not the actual pro version despite castores lie so could argue the China ones are inferior really but neither of them are the players versions at the end of the day. 

17 minutes ago, alan_himself said:

Dunno if they are definitely superior quality, the mesh bit everyone goes on about looks a bit cheap to me. they are replicas either way, not the actual pro version despite castores lie so could argue the China ones are inferior really but neither of them are the players versions at the end of the day. 

Have you got both to compare? Or neither as suspected.

22 hours ago, psb07158 said:

On top of the jumper fiasco btw, out of the online order I made , they cancelled my hoody and switched the t-shirt out for another one. I emailed to say can you just cancel the entire order and I have had no response or dispatch notice. So they currently have had my money for around 2 weeks or whenever the lifestyle range first went on-sale online and at this stage I have no idea whether I'm getting a t-shirt I didn't want or my money back

Edit - I don't want to keep slating these guys tbh I know how hard it is to run a start-up but ultimately their communication has been a joke and if they don't have the staff to deal with enquiries they either have to hire more or outsource their customer service to a third party because this really can't go on for 5 years

You know more than most about the challenges of running a start-up but when you look at their make up the problems are self-inflicted. You have the 2 Beahon brothers, with no real experience in running a retail operation albeit done well to get to this stage. Their FD has 2 years PQ experience (no industry experience), Director or Ops has 2.5 years experience as an engineer. Their head of customer service, head of design and Head of marketing all have less then 5 years experience. The only one with experience is head of supply chain, ironically. 

Add to that they’ve no chairman & no non-execs. It’s incredible & I’m amazed it past any kind of internal due diligence at Rangers, no laughing at the back.

10 hours ago, SPWF said:

See the pre-order home tops that arrived on time, and people were raving about the quality (and there was plenty that did), are these the same tools people are now claiming are terrible quality? 

No, not at all. I pre-ordered and thought it was good quality and still do. I suppose in any supply chain there will be stuff slips through the net especially with such a volume as was seen in the demand for our new tops in such a short space of time. That said, from what I see (online) Castore do seem to have a lot of questions to answer and are wriggling a bit. I hope this is just a 'blip' and it can get fixed quickly so all us supporters are happy and the club can make plenty of money going forward.

The silence from the club over all of this, including Castores lying response and Club1872 statement, is absolutely ridiculous. Genuinely think they are hoping for this all to wash over and we go back to being happy little fans pumping obscene amount of money into the retail. They managed to get response statements out in an hour during the whole SPFL shite yet remain fucking silent when we are getting fucked over by the Castore clowns? I think what's been said on here about what's happening at boardroom level is correct and it's more blatantly obvious than ever.

We fucking deserve better and should be demanding better.

54 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

You know more than most about the challenges of running a start-up but when you look at their make up the problems are self-inflicted. You have the 2 Beahon brothers, with no real experience in running a retail operation albeit done well to get to this stage. Their FD has 2 years PQ experience (no industry experience), Director or Ops has 2.5 years experience as an engineer. Their head of customer service, head of design and Head of marketing all have less then 5 years experience. The only one with experience is head of supply chain, ironically. 

Add to that they’ve no chairman & no non-execs. It’s incredible & I’m amazed it past any kind of internal due diligence at Rangers, no laughing at the back.

That's very fair comment mate. The single piece of advice I give to every startup and hope they take seriously and implement is "please build yourself a strong and experienced board" 

There's no excuses for it. I could get Castore introductions in 2 mins to senior execs with 40+ years who are now looking for NED roles or advisory type roles. 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

That's very fair comment mate. The single piece of advice I give to every startup and hope they take seriously and implement is "please build yourself a strong and experienced board" 

There's no excuses for it. I could get Castore introductions in 2 mins to senior execs with 40+ years who are now looking for NED roles or advisory type roles. 

Then why are they not doing this? Why did a very experienced commercial man like Bisgrove not do the due deligence on these clowns? Something stinks.

4 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Someone told me they used to work for Ann Summers?