Barjonas released.

esquire8

I don’t take any satisfaction in saying even I could see that a long time ago, I was told on here by fanboys I was out of order for not giving this kid a chance, but the boy never had anything special in his locker, might make a career for himself in football but it was never going to be at our level, I’m a joiner and even I could see that anytime I’ve watched him, young Patterson on the other hand, you can see if he keeps applying himself and gets better, his attributes give him a great chance to make it with us, no guarantees but he’s got a right good chance

I have seen so many amateurs from my own playing days to Rangers prospects who had so much potential but can't make it to the next stage. Gerrard will have seen him in training everyday and has come to this conclusion. Sad to see but it is the harsh reality of the trade. At least Jamie Barjonas got to live all of our dreams. Good luck to him.

In today's game, you must be totally committed. Players like Gerg Docherty have to work so hard to make it and from all reports, Stephen Kelly is very dedicated.

And then this morning I saw the Jason Cummings video. So much wasted talent and finished at 25.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I have seen so many amateurs from my own playing days to Rangers prospects who had so much potential but can't make it to the next stage. Gerrard will have seen him in training everyday and has come to this conclusion. Sad to see but it is the harsh reality of the trade. At least Jamie Barjonas got to live all of our dreams. Good luck to him.

In today's game, you must be totally committed. Players like Gerg Docherty have to work so hard to make it and from all reports, Stephen Kelly is very dedicated.

And then this morning I saw the Jason Cummings video. So much wasted talent and finished at 25.

He may have been given the opportunity to live our dreams but he wasted it. 

12 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

I don’t take any satisfaction in saying even I could see that a long time ago, I was told on here by fanboys I was out of order for not giving this kid a chance, but the boy never had anything special in his locker, might make a career for himself in football but it was never going to be at our level, I’m a joiner and even I could see that anytime I’ve watched him, young Patterson on the other hand, you can see if he keeps applying himself and gets better, his attributes give him a great chance to make it with us, no guarantees but he’s got a right good chance

Patterson already is good enough to play for us. If he keeps developing at the rate he is he will be moving to a much better league in no time 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Good luck to the lad.

He obviously has something but hasn't developed in the way we had hoped, and at 21\22 he needs first team football and won't get it here. 

I think that’s part of the problem, in hindsight it would have been better for him to go out and get game time for the last 2 years, but he was needed as back up for the back ups. That’s probably hindered his progress

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I think that’s part of the problem, in hindsight it would have been better for him to go out and get game time for the last 2 years, but he was needed as back up for the back ups. That’s probably hindered his progress

That's the feeling I get. We could just keep extending his contract a year at a time as he would be on a relatively low wage i would imagine and he would be cover but it absolutely must have hindered his development.