****The Official Champions vs Livingston Thread****

graeme_4

Just now, bluenoz said:

You can't criticize the lad for not being able to cross a ball like Borna.

You can however criticise him for not putting in one decent ball all day though.

He did well in a game against a side where the keeper and centre halves could have played in their slippers, but against better sides, being that wasteful in possession could be costly.

He needs to work on that element of his game, because it’s vital to how we play, and I’m sure he will know that himself.

Happy with that.

Total control.

Took our foot off the gas otherwise could have been 2 or 3 earlier.

Bassey looked good up until the final ball but definitely good enough as a back up domestically.

Glad to see Roofe on the scoresheet.

Scott Wright is a player.

On to Tuesday.

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I honestly thought he was rotten. Tried hard but no quality whatsoever.

I was sat second front row he was excellent first half looked sharp, he’s solid. Needs to work on his final product tho, from the seat I had you can’t see much on the other side so can’t comment on the second half really 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

You can however criticise him for not putting in one decent ball all day though.

He did well in a game against a side where the keeper and centre halves could have played in their slippers, but against better sides, being that wasteful in possession could be costly.

He needs to work on that element of his game, because it’s vital to how we play, and I’m sure he will know that himself.

The boy did fine as a stop-gap . He should be in for no criticism whatsoever.

Barisic will be back on Tuesday.

I thought some of the early comments I saw on Wright were hilarious because he lost possession twice.

Such a strong runner and forward thinker.

And although it wasn't Sakala's day, he will be fine as well.

Roofe's goal was so typical. Always Johnny-on-the-spot. Reminds me of Coisty that way.

The manager didn't look too impressed

The fans don't seem very impressed, judging by online reactions 

And we still won the game 3-0 at an absolute cruise, Livi had 1 shot of note and McLaughlin watched it trickle wide

First game of the season, wee bit of nerves & players either rested or getting up to speed, take that all day long & focus now turns to a massive game on Tuesday

10 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Bassey will no be the first fullback that goes on to be a better centre back.

There's a reason he played more games at CB than he did at left back when he was at Leicester.

How many games did he play for Leicester? 

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He put a decent ball in when Wright headed it forcing a save.