Club Statement

Jamie29

I've always understood our use of the Famine song to reference the Plastic Paddys in their support - those with no real affiliation or basis of being 'Irish' but who claim to be so much.

I'd honestly never, contextually, considered that it was to be taken literally - maybe I'm in the firm minority with that one. Regardless, I've taken the club's request on board from the season before last - we're a club open to all and the discrimination has to be stopped, we just need to fight our own corner whilst respecting other groups.

35 minutes ago, Dickie said:

That fat cow aitken the head of Glasgow city council did a full article on how she will welcome extinction rebellion and other dregs of society to the city to protest and if it means a bit of inconvenience for Glaswegian residents then tough but deary me we can’t have Rangers fans walking along the road going to the match. Holding up traffic,what a sad fucker you are to come away with such nonsense.

coming from you 

tenor (1).gif

4 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

I'm confused mate. In one post you're talking about justifying our sectarian singing using whataboutery, then now you're disagreeing with my statement about eradicating sectarianism within our support but saying we should clean up our act to annoy the tarriers? 

I wish sectarianism could stay mate. I think it makes our rivalry with them great! 90 minute bigotry is fantastic as long as it stops at football and doesnt turn into proper discrimination in life.

Unfortunately it cant as we can now no longer be 90 minute bigots because they have kicked up enough stink and created a big enough noise to make it impossible for us.

We have not done the same to them. They have created enough mist around the 'hun' & 'orange bastard' stuff to make people actually not sure if it is sectarian or not. Remember most people are fucking morons. Unless we convince enough morons that it is indeed sectarian, they will get away with repeating it.

We cant do this by highlighting it only as a defence when we are caught singing something naughty to combat a bad headline (whataboutery). We need to do it when there is not a case about u sin the paper that very same day. We have to highlight it when we are not under attack. This would not be whataboutery. It would instead be snivelling underhanded mock offence, just like they have done for years. Pathetic but required.

We should clear up our act. We should push for equal treatment. There is nothing that would hurt them more than us cleaning up our act. I would love it if we were in a world where we could both insult each other, but we are not. So I want us to be able to damage them as much as possible, and that means i want them to get bad headlines about being bigots, whilst we come across as fucking moral crusaders who are angelic by comparison. 

6 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Why are people acting like the famine song is sung to be anything else than a go at plastic paddies who think they're Irish but have stayed in Glasgow all their lives?

I've never heard it belted out as anything else.

And they only see themselves as plastic paddies because their club fly the tri-colour and claim their oirshness, they’re a Scottish club always have been, founded in Scotland play in Scotland 

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sectarianism is the umbrella term. It’s never been changed.

it is then defined who it is  by using the prefix “anti”

for example the Shia/Sunni violence in Pakistan. 
anti-Shia rhetoric (and visa versa) is deemed sectarian. 

glad to help Kev. 

But certain members of the Scottish population lobbied for anything Sectarian against them to now be labelled anti Irish.

Dornan jumping on the bandwagon again,funnily enough he said absolutely fuck all when our players were racially abused or staff and player were called orange bastards. This is why it will never be a level playing field.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19547078.call-summit-anti-irish-racism-famine-song-march-glasgow/

I think it's important not to underestimate what's happening in society.

Just read today in the news that schools will be told to decolonise the curriculum. Whatever the fuck that means!?

A woman is in court this week facing up to 2 years in jail for transphobia.

Some other dude is already doing jail time for discussing the Alex Salmons case.

How many Rangers fans have been changed with offensive singing in the last 5 years?

This country is becoming increasingly authoritarian, our freedoms are at risk, wake up!!

They hang effigies from their stand and guess what the cops lose the evidence. They actively sing about the IRA (a proscribed terrorist organisation) to absolutely no censure.

Until they can accept that this has to be a two way street then Scotland is fucked.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Real to who though, some Nationalist bangers  and tarriers on twitter?

To put it into perspective, in last few months Dornan has accused our players of singing fuck the pope due to a video by willie wanker and stated he would apologise if proven it was false and when it was proven false there was no apology. He then accused Edinburgh buses of being sectarian.

Humza also accused players of sectarianism and again no retraction when video was confirmed as false.

Michael Stewart said there was no evidence that Glen Kamara was racially abused.

These 3 are absolute no marks who no one in right mind takes seriously, especially our fans, when it comes to Rangers.

Absolutely true that they are no marks. But unfortunately the media give them a platform which can and is used to damage our club. And sadly there’s a large enough proportion of our society lap that shit up. 

22 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I wish sectarianism could stay mate. I think it makes our rivalry with them great! 90 minute bigotry is fantastic as long as it stops at football and doesnt turn into proper discrimination in life.

Unfortunately it cant as we can now no longer be 90 minute bigots because they have kicked up enough stink and created a big enough noise to make it impossible for us.

We have not done the same to them. They have created enough mist around the 'hun' & 'orange bastard' stuff to make people actually not sure if it is sectarian or not. Remember most people are fucking morons. Unless we convince enough morons that it is indeed sectarian, they will get away with repeating it.

We cant do this by highlighting it only as a defence when we are caught singing something naughty to combat a bad headline (whataboutery). We need to do it when there is not a case about u sin the paper that very same day. We have to highlight it when we are not under attack. This would not be whataboutery. It would instead be snivelling underhanded mock offence, just like they have done for years. Pathetic but required.

We should clear up our act. We should push for equal treatment. There is nothing that would hurt them more than us cleaning up our act. I would love it if we were in a world where we could both insult each other, but we are not. So I want us to be able to damage them as much as possible, and that means i want them to get bad headlines about being bigots, whilst we come across as fucking moral crusaders who are angelic by comparison. 

That's a strange view to have. Would racism be ok as long as it stopped after 90 mins? 

3 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

Absolutely true that they are no marks. But unfortunately the media give them a platform which can and is used to damage our club. And sadly there’s a large enough proportion of our society lap that shit up. 

Those that lap it up fucking hate us anyway though.

If it wasn’t the famine song it would be something else.

8 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Dominik 🙄😴

I am aware of where they were, the point is, we should all pay a bit more attention to how we conduct ourselves, regardless of where we are, if there is a chance that our actions could allow those with an agenda against Rangers/Unionists an easy victory. 

Whether it was outside the stadium or inside it, whether it is fair or unfair, they're lapping up the opportunity to stick the boot in and we are providing the opportunity on a silver platter.

I call it freedom of expression, before we had mobile phones, cameras and social media this stuff went on every week, no one gave a shit but now everyone wants a reason to be offended, it will get to the point you’ll be scared to pick your nose in public just in case someone gets offended, welcome to big brother is watching you.

This really isn't rocket science. This stuff harms the club and our reputation and they have made it explicitly clear that they do not want it. The club should be of paramount importance to every single Rangers fan the world over and should trump their desire to sing whatever songs they like.  We know the current climate is stacked against us, so stop being fucking morons and start boxing clever. 

There is plenty of ammunition to go after them over the weekend. The worst video I've seen from either side is them encouraging a 5/6 year old boy to lead a chorus calling Jimmy Bell an orange bastard and saying that they hope he dies in his sleep, but I haven't seen it reported in one media outlet or seen one politician get upset about. They don't want to highlight this (even though Social Work should arguably get involved) and they don't have to, because the clowns under the bridge have given them something that they want to focus on. All of these videos have been highlighted to Dornan, Yousaf and Stewart etc and I refuse to believe they haven't seen them, but we need to be squeaky clean and pile pressure on to them with every single slip up they make to start turning the tide. We also need Rangers minded people with a public voice to highlight these concerns, but they aren't going to risk their own reputations while we have a minority who cannot, or will not, behave themselves.

Just now, Monkey Butler said:

That's a strange view to have. Would racism be ok as long as it stopped after 90 mins? 

No.

Racism is horrible. Racism is a real problem in society.

Outside of football, sectarianism is pretty much a non-issue in Scotland in all meaningful ways. I might be wrong on this and it might be an endemic problem, but I doubt it.

When they cunts try to get the 'Bouncy' cancelled and make up stories about its origin, it shows to me that this is purely just a fucking sharade about trying to get one over on us.

I dont give a fuck what religion anyone is, I doubt many on our side or on their side do either.

Id be willing to bet that those 'most offended' by the naughty words have not stepped foot in church or chapel in years.

58 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Real to who though, some Nationalist bangers  and tarriers on twitter?

To put it into perspective, in last few months Dornan has accused our players of singing fuck the pope due to a video by willie wanker and stated he would apologise if proven it was false and when it was proven false there was no apology. He then accused Edinburgh buses of being sectarian.

Humza also accused players of sectarianism and again no retraction when video was confirmed as false.

Michael Stewart said there was no evidence that Glen Kamara was racially abused.

These 3 are absolute no marks who no one in right mind takes seriously, especially our fans, when it comes to Rangers.

I'd bet that if you were to poll random people on the street they'd think that fans did sing ftp and all these other things you mentioned. Even if its not true the damage is still done and even if they are no marks they're still harming the club with their tirades against us. Acting like its something over nothing won't solve the issue 

56 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

acism is horrible. Racism is a real problem in society.

Outside of football, sectarianism is pretty much a non-issue in Scotland in all meaningful ways. 

I'm going to disagree here. Maybe you don't see it from your underground bunker :lol: