Morelos

MacBoyd

51 minutes ago, Jackal said:

No defo not but roofe should have been through the middle when he came on and Morelos off the park instead of the usual token aribo sub.

We can agree on the end part there, Aribo sub was baffling to say the least even more so bringing Hagi off at the same time. 

Personally I thought the midfield today where superb until the changes, Bacuna coming on was random, Lundstram puts in another MOTM performance but we bring on Davis and change the dynamic of the midfield. 

Gerrard and Morelos fucked it today nobody else IMO. 

1 minute ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Give me the morelos that scores 30 goals a season and 4 red cards over the one that drops in to midfield any day. I liked the old Morelos 🤣

I agree mate but see end of day it’s not like he’s getting starved of service, he missed 3 today one guilt edged, kent gets dogs abuse and he’s our best forward by a mile it’s time we stopped giving him a constant pass.

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

99 goals and 45 assists in 168 starts. 

Imagine being told before Morelos signed that he would have 144 goals/assists in 168 starts, people would have jumped at such a record for someone we paid £1m for.

Its an incredible record, especially as hes took TWO penalties for us. Had a full season under Pedro and Murty as well ffs.

Yet some clueless idiot on here had the cheek to post saying 'hes not done near enough since Jan 2020' 

Hes struggling this season like most in the team tbh, but the way some are throwing him under the bus, want rid of him is absolutely ridiculous.

Oh go fuck yourself man.

The "cheek" to say that I think a player has been poor in a period of time almost everyone on here would agree was not as good as the period before that. You've said far worse about players/managers who were performing better. Also skewing stats with goals + assists and only using starts to make the numbers look better which nobody ever does.

You also agreed he's been poor this season, yet he has 8 goals and assists in 12 starts this season so how can that possibly be true? What a clueless idiot you are to say that when those stats exist. Or do those stats just maybe not tell the whole story?

Most of the forum have said today that Morelos has been poor for ages now, I think it's been longer than other people do, big fucking deal.

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Oh go fuck yourself man.

The "cheek" to say that I think a player has been poor in a period of time almost everyone on here would agree was not as good as the period before that. You've said far worse about players/managers who were performing better. Also skewing stats with goals + assists and only using starts to make the numbers look better which nobody ever does.

You also agreed he's been poor this season, yet he has 8 goals and assists in 12 starts this season so how can that possibly be true? What a clueless idiot you are to say that when those stats exist. Or do those stats just maybe not tell the whole story?

Most of the forum have said today that Morelos has been poor for ages now, I think it's been longer than other people do, big fucking deal.

Aye if you're wanting to defend Morelos right now stats aren't useful in that argument. 

"He's an all round better player though" naw, he's really no. He's massively declining. 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Aye if you're wanting to defend Morelos right now stats aren't useful in that argument. 

"He's an all round better player though" naw, he's really no. He's massively declining. 

I think his stats are actually better than what he has been playing. But agree, people were trying to pretend like he had a "new role" and "better all round player" to make excuses for him not scoring which wasn't true at all.

I don't care if people disagree but it's the same poster following me around everywhere and indirectly mentioning me in posts constantly. Which I only bring up because I remember you were there in the bizarre Jonathan David one as well.

He doesn't appear to be fit enough at the moment. Missed 4 or 5 chances today should have got at least one of them.

He is an out and out striker I don't think he suits the role he is being asked to play. Sure he drags defenders around but no one is there to take advantage of the space he creates.  20 to 25 chances created today and only one in the net nowhere good enough.

5 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

Agreed. At the moment he is starting due to injuries. Think he looks more effective under the conditions you outlined. 

Gutted about the result today overall. Nearly thirty attempts at goal and only a draw. Got to be doing better than that. Could tell early on Alfredo was not on it but heh hindsight is a great thing😃

Quote me again and I’ll boot you in the Davie mcraws 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Even with Morelos having a howler Sakala couldn’t get a game yesterday. 

that tells you more about Sakala than Alfie  

I dont know what Gerrard sees in strikers he signs. Umar Sadiq and Sakala are two of the worst I've ever seen 

9 hours ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Give me the morelos that scores 30 goals a season and 4 red cards over the one that drops in to midfield any day. I liked the old Morelos 🤣

On each time we lost him through suspension we lost games and all the positivity of his goals were negated by his absence.