Morelos

MacBoyd

3 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Wont be popular, but I would start Wright and Sakala V Lyon.  Might give the likes of Morelos and Kent a wake up call.  Could do us good going forward.

I'd have put Wright/ sakala on at half time today and pushed Roofe to centre forward with Morelos coming off.

But in the EL Morelos starts, no ifs or buts, its his arena.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Morelos is dropping deep to allow Roofe and others to run into the space.

It worked brilliantly last season when Kent was on form and Arfield was fit and firing.

Unfortunately we seem to be tending to resorting to Full backs swinging in cross balls continually again to a 5 ft 9 striker against 3 6ft plus centre halves.

I know what you mean regarding Alfie dropping deep to allow space for others. It depends who is playing alongside him though. 

I just think him and Roofe should have a better understanding by now. Like both of them, but maybe depending on opposition, its horses for courses. Didn't ultimately work today though. 

Could always drop Kent for Wright, but Kent sometimes comes up with something (penalty today) even if he's pretty shite in a game. Who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I know what you mean regarding Alfie dropping deep to allow space for others. It depends who is playing alongside him though. 

I just think him and Roofe should have a better understanding by now. Like both of them, but maybe depending on opposition, its horses for courses. Didn't ultimately work today though. 

Could always drop Kent for Wright, but Kent sometimes comes up with something (penalty today) even if he's pretty shite in a game. Who knows. 

I’d always have Alfie and Roofe in team when possible.

If only one of them plays then there’s massive pressure on them as not many others that score goals in squad.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d always have Alfie and Roofe in team when possible.

If only one of them plays then there’s massive pressure on them as not many others that score goals in squad.

I like both in the same team aswell, but it won't necessarily work out every game. There will be games where two "wingers" and one CF will be more beneficial. 

Tbh, the goals were pretty much spread  throughout the team last year. No one was prolific, and sometimes that is more advantageous than depending on one out n out striker. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

We have five great options if and when they decide to all start playing well at the same time.

The front 3 were missing for most of the game but still had their moments.

Hard not to feel for Wright. Always looks good.

But we gave a single shot on goal away today mate. 😉

The issue is he needs service and willing runners to go beyond him when he drops off and drags centre backs away with him. 

He has clearly developed his game for the greater good and last season made a huge difference.

Team as a whole are playing well below par. He is no different.

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The issue is he needs service and willing runners to go beyond him when he drops off and drags centre backs away with him. 

He has clearly developed his game for the greater good and last season made a huge difference.

Team as a whole are playing well below par. He is no different.

Aye wat below par and the front three between them have hardly kicked a ball - the plus picking up points 

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kent being a big game player is based of Braga and some Old Firm games.

He was garbage against the scum last weekend.

Were Malmo and Alashkert not big games?

4 goals in 32 European games is nowhere near a good enough return for a so called big game player. Ojo had 4 in 13!!

Hes not played well once this season. Wright all day for me right now.

Tend to agree. The ‘big game’ stuff is overstated. Does typically turn up well against them though. 

Set up Alfie for the equaliser against Malmö. Not that it means much, but also hit the woodwork against Alashkert and the filth. 

Wingers are never going to be consistent. Thought he was ok on Saturday, and won the pen that got us back in it. 

Why blame Alfie for yesterday's 1st half display, no service was given to him and without the ball what the fuck is he supposed to do. Sloppy passing and crosses are not down to him. He's hungry for the ball, so he comes back a bit to pick it up and rarely misses a pass thereafter.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Morelos and Kent must start on Thursday night

Anyone who is calling for them to be dropped is absolutely mental

Big game players, irrespective of form

Agree. They are quality players. They will come around eventually and show their quality. As you say.. would be absolutely mental to drop them.