*****The Official Champions vs Olympique Lyonnais Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, Cracked Actor said:

He hasn't had a chance yet and to put him on 0-2 down in europe is not a great opportunity for him to come on and shine as a new player. He will come on when we winning in the m  league. I have high hopes for this guy. 

High hopes for a player that Huddersfield, yes Huddersfield, handed to us for next to nothing in hope that he somehow makes up the clauses.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

I'm a bit too calm. Probably because I haven't put much emotion into European football this season for us. 

As you said earlier, we made our mark in Europe the past two seasons. This year Europa Group Stage qualification was our target. That has been achieved. Anything else is a bonus.

Number one priority has to be winning the league and aiming for Domestic Cups.

Fail to secure that CL cash next year and we miss a huge opportunity to twist the knife deeper into the scum across the city.

3 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

What did Sakala do that was so bad? Had a dodgy connection and the only thing I saw was him outmuscling a guy and running along the by line before pulling it back. Is he getting pelters for that?

Your connection was probably fine. That was just Sakala's first touch.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Worrying that we're halfway through September and arguably haven't kicked a ball yet. 

Seems as though most of the squad are still suffering from a hangover from last season. 

This continues it's going to bite us on the arse domestically. 

That hangover and fuck all impact from the summer signings isn’t making for a good combination. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

High hopes for a player that Huddersfield, yes Huddersfield, handed to us for next to nothing in hope that he somehow makes up the clauses.

5 minutes ago, Cracked Actor said:

He hasn't had a chance yet and to put him on 0-2 down in europe is not a great opportunity for him to come on and shine as a new player. He will come on when we winning in the m  league. I have high hopes for this guy. 

Okay, he is definitely shite. 

First half created one or two chances, honestly thought we were unlucky to be behind. 

Second half absolutely nothing from us. No fight at all. 

Our play right now is so slow, predicable and to many are just not turning up for us. Management need to start finding ways to change up our approach.

Just now, MattyBlue said:

Well out played, made it easy for them. Deserved nothing can’t even argue with it.

Don’t often complain about European refs but he was absolutely honking and Lyon players dive like fuck

That’s Europe though. Doesn’t help when our players lack any sort of belief and can’t keep hold of a football 

I’m honestly not that bothered about Europe in the grand scheme of things, what’s bothering me most is we’ve played exactly the same domestically as well, it has to change. The prize at the end of this season outweighs anything we’ll ever achieve in Europe this season. 

Just now, Ivybank said:

Gerrard practically blaming lundstrom for the first goal, saying you’ve got to show him outside. Balogun and goldston did nothing wrong even though we lost 2 goals 

2 fkn stupid mistakes, and no quality in midfield

The first goal was down to Kent. Awful 

12 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Whit?? Thats seriously one of his best attributes and has been for a long time. Players dont always turn up, and sometimes go through bad patches, but to just come out with stuff like that?? come on..

His main ability is holding onto the ball in tight situations and keeping possession which he is superb at.

Don't see defence splitting passing as being Kamara's main attribute, that's what I'm saying. And that's what we are undeniably missing.

Just back and bitterly disappointed with that, Kent looks lost for a start, Alfie not looking like scoring ect, we are good at beating hammer throwers but we look way short playing against a team who are sharp and very rarely make the kind of mistakes we make, onto Sunday and a must win.