New Rangers museum - how does “Walter Smith House” sound?

Colin Traive

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

I quite like this idea, but I  also want the Copland or the Broomloan named after him. Some of the highest praise we can give him is that he is an absolute equal to Struth, who made this club what it was, and Jardine, who helped to save it. I'd also like a statue.

Fuck it, rename Edmiston Drive to Walter Smith Street. He deserves it all.

Would need to be the copland, the broomloan housing away fans named after him doesnt sit right with me, the copland named after him with a statue of him outside it as well

already said by someone else but if the club were to come out and rename the entire stadium i wouldn't mind that at all. not saying i expect that to happen but that's what he means to us. if anyone deserves that honour then it's Walter Smith.

get working on a statue and start renaming the broomloan/copland.

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Stand, Statue and the goddamn Street. 

Walter Smith Drive sounds good to me

When the building of the new Ed House is done there should be a walkway built leadibg up to it and the ground, named after him, or else we just pay the council to have edminston drive renamed

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Could name the entire stadium after him as far as I'm concerned. That's how important he is to my generation.

This. 

Nothing I can think of sounds just because of how much he gave me as a child, teen and adult. He shaped my footballing life as a supporter. 

The connection we had with him will never be replicated, something we will all take with us. He's immortal 

Just now, RFC55 said:

The Copland is the traditional Rangers end. It should be named after the greatest modern day Ranger. (For me he's the greatest ever) 

Yep. And as a fan of the club first I think it’s fitting. Also, he was from Carmyle originally and the Copland is on the East side of the stadium.

Renaming a stand such as the Copland in honor of Walter Smith would be a nice tribute but I would also like a statue as he optimizes Rangers in the modern era. A statue at the Copland would be nice, with some sort of feature lighting so that it is a focal point at the night time games as you approach the Copland towards the club shop.

52 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Prefer the Copland being renamed. Not a fan of the OPs suggestion. Maybe a different name but I think the stand is more fitting.

No issue with that to be honest. My initial thinking (albeit in a very emotional state) was that, if the new museum is a celebration of our history and our standards and culture, I could think of no better man to name it after.

However, Sandy has his stand and I’d be delighted if Sir Walter got one too.

Perhaps this debate if for another day to be honest.

This is what happens when you start a thread while you’re an emotional mess.