Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

25 minutes ago, BroonBear said:

It's a tricky one as i want to be annoyed at him leaving when he is but he did stop the dreaded 10 and has brought some style back to our game.

The problem he will face IMO at Villa is that he only knows that one 4-3-3 formation that be learned so much about at his time in Liverpool coaching setup. That finally clicked up here due to the players he bought and the poor opposition (Ross County were horrible to watch on Sunday) that he faced most weeks. The EPL is a whole different animal when it comes to the opposition he will face and even now, Liverpool (with Salah, Firmino and Mane in attack) struggle at times. How many times did we seem him switch it up when struggling to break teams down? Instead of changing to a 5-3-2 with wing backs or a 4-4-2, the biggest change he would make was bring Wright on for Kent/Hagi or Roofe on for Alfie.

He will have a bigger budget and better players but he will be facing some of the worlds best teams and players each week. Villa have a ok squad of players but it will be a big ask, especially as they have only won 3 games in 11 (lost 7) this season. It took him a year to really get his ideas across to the team for it to be noticeable, does he have that time with Villa? That we will have to wait and see.

Nobody gives a fuck how he gets on at Villa 

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

Can we not have a sub page for the sensible folk of the forum to have a sensible discussion?

Not that I’d be on it, cos I talk as much pish as the rest of the wankers on here.

Was thinking something like that.

We could have two separate threads:

1. “I think/hope/understand the new manager will be…..”

and

2. “I hate Gerrard because…..”

Admin, please sort this out and a wee poll (Preferred Candidate) would be good too.

Club will obviously say fuck all about this until he is sitting in that Villa presser to confirm who is taking training etc.

As for Gerrard, again, thank him and his staff for 55.

Could not give a single fuck about his or their future.

If their actions at a critical point in the season affects us winning 56 this season they will never, ever be welcome to Ibrox again.

I'm beginning to resign to the fact theres a very high chance we won't win the league cup now but that's a much less of a worry compared to the league.

Thanks again Mr Gerrard n co but go fuck yourselves if we don't win the league this season.

15 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Regarding the China thing with Gio, aren't there multiple big names over there managing and playing who don't win the league? I'm assuming he's not the only "big name" manager over there. Swear I've heard others go over there and not win too. Is there not a lot of rules about wage caps and having to have a lot of Chinese players in squad, max of 5 foreigners or something like that?

Sounds like it's set up to try and be an even playing field. Might be making stuff up though

I'd honestly struggle to read too much into how anyone performs in China (be it players or managers).

There's a reason barely anyone lasts more than a season.

I'm fed up wasting my thoughts on the rat bastard, looking forward to welcoming our new boss, whoever he is.

I hope his tenure at Villa is a very unsuccessful one, will be willing their opponents on every game.

Fuck you Gerrard and your bawbag background team.

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Seems the most logical choice, could only imagine if it's not him that he said no or financial reasons. Would be disappointed if we went for one of the underwhelming names before him as a first choice. But then again I fully accept the club will do actual analysis, reporting, background checks and we're all just reading Wikipedia but even still 

I wouldn't be surprised if the club's background checks extended to this thread and Wikipedia.....

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Was thinking something like that.

We could have two separate threads:

1. “I think/hope/understand the new manager will be…..”

and

2. “I hate Gerrard because…..”

Admin, please sort this out and a wee poll (Preferred Candidate) would be good too.

No point,both would just merge back into the same thread anyway.

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

I'd honestly struggle to read too much into how anyone performs in China (be it players or managers).

There's a reason barely anyone lasts more than a season.

I went out there for work, and I can confirm it was fucking awful. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

I’m pissed off but is full want him to do well. If he does well the knock on effect is a bump in our reputation too. 

We should be hoping that the perception that our job is easy and winning the league is easy changes and the only way that happens is if people leave us and do well after leaving.

I'm not overly bothered how he does tbh but I'll be keeping an eye out of curiosity.

And I bet most people on here will be doing the same whether they admit to it or not.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m pissed off but is full want him to do well. If he does well the knock on effect is a bump in our reputation too. 

We should be hoping that the perception that our job is easy and winning the league is easy changes and the only way that happens is if people leave us and do well after leaving on bigger stages.

Other way of looking at that if he goes and flops it shows the grass isn't always greener.

At the end of the day, SG put a smile back on my face. He got us playing good football for the most part and he stopped those wankers walking to the 10.

We all knew he wants the Liverpool job and if he feels he'll be taken more seriously for it by managing another premiership club first...he's probably not wrong. Folk down south don't give a fuck about up here.

If he goes, he goes. We were here before him and we'll be here long after him. I will thank him for his time  his efforts and his passion for us...

...and i'll add 10% minimum to any player of ours he trys to sign!! Lol