OFFICIAL: Gio Appointed Manager

Broxi

52 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

Dirk Kuyt on BBC Scotland saying Gio didn't hesitate to bench him when he was captain at feyenoord - here's hoping we see something similar over the next week or two.

Kuyt took the huff about it to but Gio stuck to his guns.

8 minutes ago, JograBear said:

This is the Dutch way. No bravado. Just plain straight talking. 

Straight talking until they all take the huff and implode. Probably won’t happen when it’s Gio in isolation but there barely seems to be a tournament that goes by where the Dutch team don’t seem to have some sort of personality driven blow up among the squad. :lol:

1 hour ago, tom1780 said:

Anyone think it was a bit of a weird press conference 

watched it and something missing from it ?? 

maybe just me 

Good quality audio was defiantely missing - couldnt hear most of it

40 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Straight talking until they all take the huff and implode. Probably won’t happen when it’s Gio in isolation but there barely seems to be a tournament that goes by where the Dutch team don’t seem to have some sort of personality driven blow up among the squad. :lol:

Actually think they need the drama in all honesty, they all seemed happy at the Euros then got dumped out by the Czechs 😂

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Haven't heard his tbf, more surprised at that as think he normally talks more sense.

I was surprised too.

Might seem petty but having a dig like that has lowered my estimations of him quite a bit.

17 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Ferguson mouthing off today that 'work permit or not' he would have been in that dressing room at half time as 'that's showing passion' and stating maybe 'Giovanni's a bit different' to him :lol: 

Anything to get his opinion out there .

I posted at the time that the narrative had been set by the media. 4 first half goals to talk about and the first thing Daryl Currie did was question why Gio wasn't down in the Changing room. Compare and contrast with the media treatment of fucking Sally fae home and away over the other side of Glasgow and you can smell the agenda.