*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

33 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Ramsey scored twice for Wales half way through November despite not starting two consecutive games since March. Wouldn't rule him out.

Ramsay if fit isn’t missing out on this game, that’s the reason he’s here

5 hours ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Only came out of self isolation last week, he had covid, but if he's aiming for weekend surely you cant rule him a few days before...

Bit of a gutter if we can’t throw him straight in. Exactly what we’re needing. 

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I’ll be honest I would take a draw just now. Still keeps us top and give us a chance to get Ramsey up to speed and Alfie back. Not to mention either Balogun or Helander. Then we can kick on for the rest of the season with all our big players available.

Yep. Helander, Ramsey, Morelos and hopefully a fit Jack makes an enormous difference to this team - absolutely huge. Can only really see Jack and Ramsey from the bench and obviously the other two won’t be there. Come away undefeated tomorrow night and we can regroup and push on 

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I’ll be honest I would take a draw just now. Still keeps us top and give us a chance to get Ramsey up to speed and Alfie back. Not to mention either Balogun or Helander. Then we can kick on for the rest of the season with all our big players available.

Draw would be a good result.

10 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Yep. Helander, Ramsey, Morelos and hopefully a fit Jack makes an enormous difference to this team - absolutely huge. Can only really see Jack and Ramsey from the bench and obviously the other two won’t be there. Come away undefeated tomorrow night and we can regroup and push on 

I think our mind set will be coming from the attitude of Gio but I want all our players standing up and going for their throats as our individual players know we can take them, anytime and any place with and without 60 mutants screaming the place down.

I look forward to a half empty stadium as the minutes tick down to the final whistle.

fkn batter them Rangers

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

A draw isn’t a disaster, but we’ve battered them from pillar to post last season, already beaten them this season and they’re missing 4 or 5 nailed on starters (including 2 of their 3 best players). 

I think we have to be aiming for a win here.

Agreed. They’re severely weakened and we should be going there, as always, to win. If we play anywhere near our top level and cut out the daft errors we should hammer them. 

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

Would be a boost to every other player in the starting 11 if he starts the game.

Gio will assess him today in training but I would be surprised if he doesn't start.

Not sure I'd be surprised given he said he wouldn't be ready for the game in his interview last night, but here's hoping he can make it some form. 

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

A draw isn’t a disaster, but we’ve battered them from pillar to post last season, already beaten them this season and they’re missing 4 or 5 nailed on starters (including 2 of their 3 best players). 

I think we have to be aiming for a win here.

I’m worried GVB sits in too long

We can’t risk going gung ho but for all that’s happened it can’t be denied that Gerrard (or Beale) had their number in these games. He knew where to pack the park, when to do it, when and where to press, and when to land the killer blow.

I have a feeling GVB may rely too much on the counter when their entire back line is to be got at on the backfoot