55 versus 56

The Ibrox Derry

Right, my view has always been the current season is always the most important for this club, just like the next game is always the most important, the next cup final, the next European game etc etc.

But people attaching the words "pointless" and "meaningless" to the achievement of winning 55 is bewildering.

Yes, champions league and 30 million quid is a huge draw, but realistically, how much of that will be allocated towards players by both clubs????

30%????

celtic couldn't even secure 10 in a Row by spending cash That they said they had mountains of 😂😂

And this "we will be set back by 4 or 5 years" is another nonsense.

This is Scotland, not a club dropping out the English premiership and facing 5 years of obscurity in the championship. 

We won 55 and spent fuck all to strengthen. That mob lost their holy grail and have spent big to regain the title. If they get that CL money after that they’ll spend enough to keep us as also rans for years. We need that money. Not to survive, or stave off admin or whatever the moon howlers say, but to build. If we win this title after the money they’ve spent they’ll be hamstrung. If they win it then their speculating to accumulate has paid off and our resting on our laurels hasn’t.  

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

We won 55 and spent fuck all to strengthen. That mob lost their holy grail and have spent big to regain the title. If they get that CL money after that they’ll spend enough to keep us as also rans for years. We need that money. Not to survive, or stave off admin or whatever the moon howlers say, but to build. If we win this title after the money they’ve spent they’ll be hamstrung. If they win it then their speculating to accumulate has paid off and our resting on our laurels hasn’t.  

Well said. They have a huge squad now and have built it to try and land the CL cash. They don’t get it then they could be looking at serious cuts. We have players contracts running down, the likes of Aribo probably being sold  and deadwood to move on and need the money to rebuild. This season will shape both clubs fortunes for years to come - it’s absolutely huge and for me, long term, more important than last season 

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

You do realise that both clubs run at massive losses without extra revenue, what they spent is likely what they have sold, if they were to indeed pip us to the title that money would be used to give them a better bargaining chip when selling players, like we'll do as well

We'll do the exact same, if we get CL money it will be the safety net needed not to accept shitty bids and instead sell for decent money which will then be invested

Last season was more important to the fans as it was the 1st title since all the shit & it stopped the 10

This season was more important to the stability of the club moving forward & to the directors who have spent money

After yesterday there's only 1 winner now & I think they'll run away with it. We stood still this season & they pushed on, we took a chance with Gio & it looks like it's backfiring massively 

OP obviously doesn't agree but if they win the title this year they have next years already wrapped up as we have massive rebuild ahead with no money to do it.

I cannot believe that Rangers fans are saying that this season is more important than last 😂😂😂

So you would be quite happy to have exchanged 10 in a Row for 30 million quid????

Surely not? 

I can't believe that a Rangers fan would do that???

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

55 is history and should never be forgotten. The biggest title in our history. 

Why is it? 
we couldn’t do 55 without 54 or indeed 54 without 53 etc…,.

56 is massive as is 57, 58 etc

56 has more need about it because of the financial windfall but it’s as equal to all other titles 

saying 55 is the biggest title in our history makes winning that more about them scummy bastards than us.  Which is daft

5 hours ago, ianferguson said:

The next one is always the most important but 55 and stopping the ten will be more special when I look back . I get we need cash for obvious reasons but the damage we done to the tims last season will burn them for decades. 

So you think of them when looking back at 55

strange

55 was superb but from a position of strength we rested on our laurels.

They had to settle for their manager at last minute after Howe knocked them back and underwent a rebuild.

We’re all mindful of the financial situation but that’ll be 3 transfer windows now without spending on a player. We were told money was available, we were told the club was heading towards profitability without having to sell any players so what’s changed?

This team needs freshened up and has done all season. We’re at the stage now when gambling our season on the hope that a handful of injury prone players can somehow stay fit.

6 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Says the retarded degenerate from Coatbridge 😂😂😂🖕🖕🖕

38 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I cannot believe that Rangers fans are saying that this season is more important than last 😂😂😂

So you would be quite happy to have exchanged 10 in a Row for 30 million quid????

Surely not? 

32 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If we don't win the title and need a rebuild, then we sell Aribo, Kamara and Kent.

Simple as that.

kden.png.cab1a0917d4fb8d7d66266a3cc809d00.png

49 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why is it? 
we couldn’t do 55 without 54 or indeed 54 without 53 etc…,.

56 is massive as is 57, 58 etc

56 has more need about it because of the financial windfall but it’s as equal to all other titles 

saying 55 is the biggest title in our history makes winning that more about them scummy bastards than us.  Which is daft

Aye but we stopped The 10 

7 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Right, my view has always been the current season is always the most important for this club, just like the next game is always the most important, the next cup final, the next European game etc etc.

But people attaching the words "pointless" and "meaningless" to the achievement of winning 55 is bewildering.

Yes, champions league and 30 million quid is a huge draw, but realistically, how much of that will be allocated towards players by both clubs????

30%????

celtic couldn't even secure 10 in a Row by spending cash That they said they had mountains of 😂😂

And this "we will be set back by 4 or 5 years" is another nonsense.

This is Scotland, not a club dropping out the English premiership and facing 5 years of obscurity in the championship. 

How much is spent on players if we don't win the league. A lot fucking less that's for sure. 

I'm sure if that were to happen you'll be back on here complaining at the level of player we're recruiting.

Utter madness this post.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Surely not? 

I agree with you, 55 stopped history books showing them winning 10iar, even tho that was'nt in direct competition with Rangers as we all know. Wednesday is going to be a good indicator but win hopefully....but lose or draw ain't going to decide the title. Plenty games and ponts to play for ahead.

26 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

How much is spent on players if we don't win the league. A lot fucking less that's for sure. 

I'm sure if that were to happen you'll be back on here complaining at the level of player we're recruiting.

Utter madness this post.

As I've,said before,many many times will be lucky if a,third of that money goes on transfers. Same with the other lot. They could have "bought" 10 in a row, but they wouldnt part with the cash that thry say they have mountains of.

Imo 

We NEED to win on Wednesday and we NEED to win the league . 

Can we win the league if we lose on Wednesday? Of course we can but a win for us would see their heads drop and our confidence soar and hopefully put us on a winning run.

We need to win the league or we'll sell our best in summer while unable to replace all in one go.