Where To Watch It? (If Not Going)

On 07/05/2022 at 20:05, TBagalag said:

I’m waiting on my new passport arriving, got accommodation and getting there sorted. If it doesn’t arrive in time, I’ll watch it in the pub most of my bus drinks in. Might even invite the wife along as well.

When did you sent for passport and did you fast track?

31 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

When did you sent for passport and did you fast track?

I did my application online around 7 weeks ago and I’ll be honest, I wasn’t even aware there was a fast track option until after my application was completed. 

15 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Any word on a beamback to Ibrox yet?

Hoping this gets announced. Got flights etc sorted for going over next week, but I honestly think it’s got disaster written all over it. The lack of planning re fan zones is giving me the fear. 

43 minutes ago, TBagalag said:

I did my application online around 7 weeks ago and I’ll be honest, I wasn’t even aware there was a fast track option until after my application was completed. 

Fast track still isn’t a guarantee.Heard it’s taking upto 10 weeks with fast track .

Theres a backlog .Normally 4 to 5m passports processed a year .5m didn’t renew as normal over the last 2years and many renewals are going through the fast track option ..

Theres also the Brexit problem too ,6 months needed on the passport expiry date .

28 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Hoping this gets announced. Got flights etc sorted for going over next week, but I honestly think it’s got disaster written all over it. The lack of planning re fan zones is giving me the fear. 

Manchester was massively under planned too .There were no signs set up to direct fans anywhere to the parks .Compared to the year before when the final was at Hampden there were signs up everywhere.

They probably don’t understand why so many will travel without tickets and quite happy to just be there for the final .

42 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Manchester was massively under planned too .There were no signs set up to direct fans anywhere to the parks .Compared to the year before when the final was at Hampden there were signs up everywhere.

They probably don’t understand why so many will travel without tickets and quite happy to just be there for the final .

I missed the whole first half in Manchester due to the Piccadilly Square fiasco. Really don’t want to travel over to Sevilla for something similar to happen. Hopefully we get some good news from Rangers/UEFA/ the Spanish authorities in the next day or so. 

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

In the same boat mate. Haven’t booked anything yet and would love to be in the city for the week and weekend because if it goes well I’m assuming we will get an open too bus tour and I wouldn’t want to miss that but it’s so last minute and it feels so disorganised.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

I was at one of the fan zones in either Piccadilly or Albert Sq and once you got past the polis into the fenced off fan zone all that was inside was beer stalls and merch stalls, no food stalls, and I think 2 portaloos. So folk were just getting pished with no food to eat and everywhere within a mile of the squares was all sold out by mid afternoon. 

They weren't allowing glass bottles into the fenced off fan zone, and i saw a bunch of boys in their early 20s trying to get in and the coppers saying they couldn't take this glass half bottle of vodka in, so they stood and passed it around them and drank it then the polis let them into the fan zone.

The entire set up in Manchester was a recipe for disaster. And I think there was as much a chance of the rioting happening even if we'd won the game.

I'll be watching it at Lands End Hotel. We travel down on the 18th. Just didn't see this coming when the plans were first put in motion.

Meant to be cycling to John o Groats the next day but we have obviously seen sense and are having an extra night down there then going for it.

7 hours ago, Willis said:

I was at one of the fan zones in either Piccadilly or Albert Sq and once you got past the polis into the fenced off fan zone all that was inside was beer stalls and merch stalls, no food stalls, and I think 2 portaloos. So folk were just getting pished with no food to eat and everywhere within a mile of the squares was all sold out by mid afternoon. 

They weren't allowing glass bottles into the fenced off fan zone, and i saw a bunch of boys in their early 20s trying to get in and the coppers saying they couldn't take this glass half bottle of vodka in, so they stood and passed it around them and drank it then the polis let them into the fan zone.

The entire set up in Manchester was a recipe for disaster. And I think there was as much a chance of the rioting happening even if we'd won the game.

We were in Piccadilly from about half 10 .Superb during the day ,I drove down that morning and met 3 mates who were there since the Tuesday.I bought a huge cargo on the way down so we were sorted and we didn’t eat at all ,we didn’t need to 😏

We left to go and see another mate who was in a boozer about 10mins away .It was about 5pm and with no exaggeration the place had been drunk dry .There were a few older guys sitting finishing their drinks .The fridges we’re empty and all the optics empty .

When we got back to the square it was rammed ,toilets were outside the fenced area and nobody was to be re admitted .So we left and walked about a mile until we found somewhere that would let us in to watch the game .

7 minutes ago, Unionblue said:

is the club planning to show the game at the stadium or what?   just over  a week to go and fuck all word?  what's that all about, people might want to travel from all over Scotland ffs

Would imagine they will be waiting on Police go ahead, expect something to be announced over the next couple of days.

8 hours ago, Willis said:

Manchester wasn't helped because every fucking bellend that follows us could pay 40 quid and get the bus down, they'll be a lot in seville but surely nowhere near the amount of bangers that were in Manchester 

I'll be watching it in the Pig & Whistle pub in Brisbane, Australia.

Doors open 04:45AM. Kick off 05:00AM. Watched the 2008 Manchester game there too. I'm very confident we'll do it this time.

I'm predicting a 3-2 win with young Lowry scoring the winner.

Hope you all enjoy the next eight days leading up to. It's not every year the chance comes round to dream.

Let's hope the dream becomes a reality in 2022.

8 hours ago, Willis said:

I was driving into Manchester at 11am and there was a boy lying in the middle of the A6 absolutely blootered with a crate next to him

I knew there was going to be trouble that day

10 hours ago, SPWF said:

I missed the whole first half in Manchester due to the Piccadilly Square fiasco. Really don’t want to travel over to Sevilla for something similar to happen. Hopefully we get some good news from Rangers/UEFA/ the Spanish authorities in the next day or so. 

I'm thinking the same , missed the whole game last time ( still never seen the goals ). That and any bad delays on the flight home would mean missing the Scottish cup final. Now thinking Louden then Ibrox seems seems a better bet. Added bonus of hopefully going to the airport or Ibrox to see them bringing the trophy home 🤞

On 09/05/2022 at 22:29, TBagalag said:

I applied on Friday last week and sent my old one on Saturday, does that mean I won't get my new one before Wednesday? :lol: