Clive Tyldesley on Rangers

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye I don’t care about the reasons Gerrard may have left for Villa regarding being closer to family etc. He and his family both knew the distance when he took the job 

He's spending as much time in Ainsdale now as he did as Rangers boss. The being closer to his family line is horseshit.

28 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I wouldn’t say I hate Gerrard, I just have absolutely no time for him now.

Unfortunately for him because we didn’t go on to win the league title last season he won’t get the benefit of the doubt over time the way Souness did. 

My thoughts exactly 

already blamed the League cup semi shambles on Gerrard and said at the time if we don’t go on to win the league then it will always be associated with him leaving and nothings really changed.  He fucked off and in my eyes the disruption of doing it when he did will always have played a part in gifting them the title. 

33 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Unfortunately for him because we didn’t go on to win the league title last season he won’t get the benefit of the doubt over time the way Souness did. 

That's exactly how I feel about him.

Not hatred, just extreme disappointment.

59 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Spot on. I don't hate the man I just feel let down and really now I couldn't care less how he gets on at Villa.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He's spending as much time in Ainsdale now as he did as Rangers boss. The being closer to his family line is horseshit.

No it isn't. Tyldesley is noy lying. That was one of the main drivers he cited for his decision making from day one.

I've no idea about his living habits just now but I know for a fact the day he left he cited being closer to his family as a major factor in his decision making to friends.

It might not have worked out as he planned, but that is 100% what he was saying at the time.

Prick chose to leave us at an horrendous time in the season, albeit you can’t pick and choose when your opportunities arise.  However, I’m sick of the stories about him and Rangers that continue, he chose to leave, concentrate on him at AV now, where he will end up in failure. 

As said above though, he’d given up before he left, the football was awful viewing and we were creating very very little and he was so stubborn in his tactical approach so it’s not a given we’d have won the league under him. 

6 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

No it isn't. Tyldesley is noy lying. That was one of the main drivers he cited for his decision making from day one.

I've no idea about his living habits just now but I know for a fact the day he left he cited being closer to his family as a major factor in his decision making to friends.

It might not have worked out as he planned, but that is 100% what he was saying at the time.

Citing it as a reason and it actually being the reason are two totally different things. He wasn't going to come out and say he wanted to go since he felt he wasn't backed by the board in the transfer market last summer and was set to massively increase his wages at Villa.

Kinda like all these players that join celtic and claim they've always wanted to play for them ever since listening to their games on the wireless in Kenya as a wee boy.