James Sands

Lord Lockin

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

There is a player in there but really needs to cut out the silly passes, could have cost us a couple of times last night

Agreed .He seems to have come on loads from what we saw last year .If he cuts that out then he could well be worth the asking price as he will be a lot more valuable to sell on again .

He's still raw and learning. He's likeable in that he isn't afraid to get stuck in but If we make the group stages of the CL, elite attackers would tear him a new arsehole at this stage of his development. Misplaced passes like last night will get heavily punished. That goes for the full team though to be fair, we were very sloppy at times last night 

3 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

See topics about different players last night, none on Sands, thought he was outstanding and along with Lawrence our best player on the night 

Mixed bag done some things well and was brutal in others.

Not a peep from anyone about how bad Kent was again.

10 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I never saw the game last night but reading this thread has left me none the wiser if he was superb or garbage last night :confused::lol:

Both :lol:. He won a number a good tackles but made a few bad passes. If he could cut the shite passes out he could go on and do every well. 

19 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

It was obvious they were scared of Kent and doubled up. This freed others. Yes he lost the ball a few times but he at least gace them something to think about.

16 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

no Kent's greatest fan but thought the last couple of games we missed him, after last night showing not that sure now

23 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I never saw the game last night but reading this thread has left me none the wiser if he was superb or garbage last night :confused::lol:

:mutley:

I would say he did far more right than wrong, he did give the ball way in dangerous areas to the opposition, but so did many other players including Tav & Goldson.

I must say the result far outweighs any criticism of any player for overcoming the two goals from the first leg. It was a fantastic result and one that guarantees us £5M if we do not get through the next round, not a bad nights work I would say. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Sands and McLaughlin seem determined to cause a fuck up of sorts with the ball at the back every game this season.

He’s been doing OK, but we really need Davies up to speed ASAP.

I thought Goldson caused more problems tbh especially at the start of the second half.