James Sands

Lord Lockin

6 hours ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

dont know if this has been posted

EVERY TOUCH: James Sands | Rangers 3-0 Union Saint-Gilloise | Champions League Qual. | 08/08/2022 - YouTube

Watching that he played better than I realised.  His passing is much crisper now and he did get stuck in.  

He is progressing and can play in at least 3 positions. 

Jury is still out, but I hope he will become a reliable squad player in time at least.  Hopefully more.  Adaptable, and physical  player whith dips in form so far imo. 

He is adapting to our style of play though and I genuinely think he is more than capable of stepping  up a few gears for us. 

11 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Don't think he's as bad as made out  but I do think it will be difficult for him as I don't see him being a regular starter once Davies gets up to speed . 

Bar one or two lapses on Tuesday he was brilliant never mind 'not as bad as made out'.

Leon King puts in a performance like that and we'd all be raving.

Before this season I always seen him as a no bad player who doesn’t make mistakes. He’s made a fair few already this season but then again he’s getting a lot more minutes. I’m assuming he’ll be getting replaced by Davies once he’s up to speed, which in itself is a strange one as to why it’s taking him this long…

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Bar one or two lapses on Tuesday he was brilliant never mind 'not as bad as made out'.

Leon King puts in a performance like that and we'd all be raving.

I like him , but if you average all his appearances you could say he's been solid rather than brilliant . 

But hey , I said that about Bassey this time last season and look what happened to him 👍

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The lad's been perfectly fine in defence. Had two or three slack passes this season. FFS Steve Davis had 3 in quick succession tonight.

I don't think Sands is the issue in defence.

Sands is a defensive midfielder and yet Goldson, Tav and Barisic seem poorer at defending . That tells you where the defensive problems lie.

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Was very good in the first half. His passing to beat their press was excellent but struggled to do it in the second half, unfortunately. 

Their whole team seemed to step up a further 15yards in their press in the second half. Our whole team struggled with it.

20 minutes ago, murzo said:

Their whole team seemed to step up a further 15yards in their press in the second half. Our whole team struggled with it.

Aye after our second goal we never quite got into it properly again and they started to smother us i thought, even the subs we brought on looked fucked 

33 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Thought both the CBs looked a bit vulnerable second half. Not like it's an easy forward line to play against, though.

Goldson causes this along with barasic.

Sands was our best player outside colak n davis.

6 centre backs and we are playing our loan project defensive midfielder in a tie that could cost us 40 million 🙈

Ben davies been here a month and coukd have started more games, now he has a knock also. Couldnt make it up.