*****The Official Rangers v Liverpool Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

6 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

We don't have the fitness level to play high tempo. Same in defence, players too puffed after 20 minutes to track and stay with runners. 

We did have the fitness levels 18 months ago though….we looked the fittest side in Scotland by a long way and that was a springboard into European performances. Serious questions need to be asked about our conditioning and pre season work. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I agree with that but we could have lost 10 goals in that second half we were that bad.

And it wasn't even because we were pushing forward and leaving gaps, we were just extremely fucking shit all over the park.

Hey, it doesn't matter buddy, we can sit and argue amongst ourselves all-night, there's no right or wrong the feeling of complete humiliation is enough. Have a good night :tu:   

We are no where near Liverpool’s level, but to capitulate like that is a fucking disgrace. The recruitment has been really shambolic and I can’t believe someone looked at Matondo and thought it was a good idea to spend 3 million quid on him. We need to immediately forget about Europe and go back to competing properly in the league. As for Gio, he should go now in my opinion and let us get someone in who’s more forward thinking. Apart from the Tarriers, we should be running over the top of all the other haddies in the league and I don’t think his tactics and system sets up for that. I’m not disappointed at getting beat by a top English team, but the manner of defeat is fucking embarrassing. Do the right thing Gio and fall on the sword. 

16 minutes ago, shaka said:

The biggest issue is just how bad our full backs are, with both Tav and Barisic terrible in defence and going forward it leaves our defence constantly under pressure.  We need players willing to snap into challenges and winning 50-50s instead we have timid players too busy being in awe of the opposition. 

Thats true can't remember the last time tav had a decent game. 

7 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

What happened in the changing room at half time where they all became toothless in the 2nd half?!!!!! 

Just what I was thinking 5 minutes into the second half. The team dropped 10 yards off the opposition, sat back and let them do whatever they wanted. As for replacing Jack with Davis just ended any chance of competing in midfield and not recognising that Colak was no threat after about 30 minutes shows that Gio has either no idea or real commitment. The second half was a disgrace from management and players and as for Barasic continually showing Salam on to his strong foot after doing the same at Anfield beggars belief.

I completely and utterly understand the gulf in class means this was a tall order, but the first half showed we could compete, so there has to be questions asked as to why the arse fell out the team with Goldson going off. He's a massive loss, but others then need to step up to the plate.

9 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

We are like a broken record pulling teeth. Every time we attack teams and move the ball quickly, with a high tempo style we do well. Every time we sit in we are insipid, lack creativity and get done. Yet for some reason the only people that fail to see this is our super tactician management team who insist in destroying the football that brought us success, with mostly these players I might add. 

100%. You could see our play getting slower and slower in that second half and knew it would end badly. Not this badly right enough, fck me.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You’re making excuses for a manager when there are none. I’m saying it’s like when teams are announced an posters say “aye but he’ll give 100 percent” when it should be a pre requisite. 

There’s no excuses, the manager should be binned  by tomorrow lunchtime by latest.

Nah you're defo misquoting me mate. Every question I asked in my post is a genuine question and there aren't any answers for them because we played the right team tonight. Recruitment has absolutely fucked us along with injuries.

FWIW I agree to bin Gio and have thought that for months. I don't know who we bring in though and it still doesn't sort out the ridiculously poor recruitment.

Just now, DrLaudrup said:

We did have the fitness levels 18 months ago though….we looked the fittest side in Scotland by a long way and that was a springboard into European performances. Serious questions need to be asked about our conditioning and pre season work. 

Yep wasn't even 18 months ago, back to back extra time games at the end of last season and we took it in our stride. These fucking wage thiefs would get knackered going to the toilet. Shocking indictment on the management but as a player have some fucking self discipline too. I used to be in the army and anyone who came back from leave out of shape got fucking smashed.

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You're over 50 years old aren't you. Probably 60 plus.

I get what he means though, he wants a guy in charge with some grit etc does not have to be British etc. Gio just does not have the personality to be our manager and as much as I loved  him when he played for us he is no longer up to the job. That was humiliating tonight.

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I remember us being humped 3-0 by Lyon and thinking at the time that was bad, tonight is unforgivable. Truely worst defeat in my forty years. Didn’t see this score line coming at 3-1. 

I remember Juve ripping us apart home and away under Smith and thought that was bad. This is on a totally different level and something that should never be happen.

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

You'll have seen a lot of highs and lows in your time Bill. Where does Europe this season rank in your time watching us?

It's the worst i've seen in my 40 years. Juventus at Ibrox in the mid / late 90's was bad (1-4 game), but we were outclassed rather than gutless, which we appear to be now.

when the draw was made i said we would lose the 6 games  we were playing the top team in holland the league leaders in italy and liverpool who have been finalists in 3 of last 5 years  but there is a way to lose  i have never been a fan of gio his selections are so up and down he played sands and wright every game now they dont feature i know wright came on late and by the way i think both are rubbish but i am just highlighting the things he does sakala up to sat has not played and he appears tnite

7 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuck me , this the same guy thats been carnage in so many big games for us since he signed ? That whole backline bar King should be hunted from the club , they have all underperformed for years and the reason we have won next to fuck all in the last 4-5 years.

Do you believe we still lose 7-1 if Goldson stays on the pitch?,if your answer is yes then fair enough....if your answer is no then fuck knows why you replied to me as my point clearly states that he does my nut in but clearly he does hold a certain value to the team in that we wouldn't have received such a tanking