*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Plzen just won on pens. Think that might mean that racist country overtakes Scotland in coefficients and we lose automatic CL qualification in 2025.

If I’ve understood correctly it doesn’t affect us because our individual points are so high. 

If we win the league next season we are straight in the CL. If someone else wins the league because their points are low, they have to play a qualifier 

37 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This will be controversial but Dessers offered more than Roofe who was shit yet again.

Not controversial at all, he's done. 3 years of injuries playing barely any minutes. I keep seeing people say he'll move on and have the best moments of his career but I just don't see it.

Next season we need 2 first team strikers who don't break down and much better than Dessers, I'm not including Danilo in that either

3 minutes ago, Jamesy1872 said:

If I’ve understood correctly it doesn’t affect us because our individual points are so high. 

If we win the league next season we are straight in the CL. If someone else wins the league because their points are low, they have to play a qualifier 

That's completely wrong.

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

Nights like this no matter win lose of draw I’m so grateful My Dad brought me up a Ranger and now my kids carry this on.

The fans tonight were outstanding again 

drive on and get the league now Rangers

Thought the fans were outstanding tonight, team gave its all but defo running on empty. Get Sundays game over with a win and international break coming up

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Gives us better chance to win league now but always gutting to go out. Especially to a similar team who we can beat easily at top performance 

Aye that's the rationalisation I will tell myself tomorrow but for tonight I'm upset and frustrated and angry

7 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

I am a Europa faithful, think it’s one of the real exciting parts of the season. However I’ll concede the thought of avoiding Roma, AC, Leverkusen or Liverpool is a relief given our stretched squad and tantalisingly close domestic front. With the chance to freeze the taigs out of the euro £ 

I wanted the win but seeing just how dead on our feet we looked after they scored my heart sank. We genuinely looked like we didn't have the energy to find another gear to get back into it. Which if we are honest isnt surprising given some of those players have played a shit ton of football and others have been out either injured or unused until now. 

I just hope we have enough in our tank to get a result on Sunday then recharge and push for the title. A lot of football still to be played

38 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Nobody wanted Wright last summer apart from some obscure Turkish mob, he's still under contract until 2025, he'll likely still be a fringe player next season.

Made a fortune out of us, and will then move as a freeze, making more lives a misery.

6 minutes ago, Jamesy1872 said:

You’re not far off 

IMG_7325.png

Not overly upset because we can focus on the league but I’m quite disappointed in our performance tonight. Only one goal down and we didn’t really go out swinging 

Thought Benfica’s set up was intelligent, I don’t think we expected that much of the ball and it was almost like we didn’t know what to do with it. I was really surprised and annoyed by our lack of urgency all night 

Too many way off the boil tonight and the subs were needed about 5/10 minutes before they came. Really don’t feel like we turned up at all 

Souttar and Ridvan were good in the first half and Scott Wright did more than I was expecting. That’s about the only positives I can give 

10 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Nights like this no matter win lose of draw I’m so grateful My Dad brought me up a Ranger and now my kids carry this on.

The fans tonight were outstanding again 

drive on and get the league now Rangers

You posted this twenty minutes ago

"Well done Phil some of your decisions and tactics cost us"

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

If we had a clinical striker we'd have won that game tonight 

We could be saying that a lot till we address it. Stuck with Dessers and the ever injured Roofe isn’t a good situation to be in. 
Need really quality up front this summer - not convinced about Danilo yet either