Murty threw Halliday under the bus yesterday

GOAT

If you've got to make a change, you've got to make a change. They were only two-nil up at that point. Obviously it didn't happen but imagine if Windass had come on and quickly scored? We'd have gone in 2-1 down at HT and with a much better mentality. 

Appreciate what you're trying to say - and I do value 'class' and 'decency' as qualities in a Rangers manager - but when we're losing to celtic I'd always prefer our manager to prioritise making the change(s) that he thinks give us a better chance of getting back in the game. 

Just now, TMB said:

Why wait?  Our midfield was absent and being completely overrun.  The sooner a change is made to rectify that the better.  

We were outclassed all over the park mate - in every department.  We're fucking rank - back to the day of Ally & Pedro ffs. But back to Halliday, he's about as good a player as Murty is as a first team manager.

Should have been hooked earlier: a consistent tame passer to the opposition who offered nothing to us. Murty would have got pelters for keeping him on the park and at least tried to do something even if he got it as wrong by bringing on Windass, who would never be up for the fight.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he shouldnt have been on the park in the first place, but frankly i could not give one fuck for hallidays feelings. He is lucky he got that long. 

I remember Ricksen getting hauled off by wee Dick after 20 minutes against celtic and not behaving like halliday.

this

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he shouldnt have been on the park in the first place, but frankly i could not give one fuck for hallidays feelings. He is lucky he got that long. 

I remember Ricksen getting hauled off by wee Dick after 20 minutes against celtic and not behaving like halliday.

Fully agreed.

And Ricksen came back from that to become player of the year and captain of the Rangers, Halliday can only dream of being a player of Ricksen's calibre.

For me he shouldn’t have started. But he was no worse than Doherty or Dorrans, or Martin or McCrorie, or just about anyone else for that matter. 

We all knew we were beaten about 10 minutes in. 

I feel like Murty made the sub to show he wasn’t afraid to make changes, like he was criticised for in the last game, but it was a ridiculous situation to create. Sacrificed the guy he probably thought he could get away with doing it to. No danger he’d do that to a Miller or Dorrans. 

Added to the fact that we were being totally overrun in midfield, so be brought on fucking Windass. 

Feel sorry for him because no Rangers fan should be subjected to that mob singing their name.

He was awful and shouldn't have been on the pitch though. Docherty was shite as well but at least he was actually touching the ball.

The change could have probably been made at half time and avoided that situation though. Or at least avoided it playing out in front of the cameras like that.

The sub should of been made possibly before the first goal as a blind man could see we were not up for it but certainly changes should of been made after the goal. A better manager would of seen we were struggling and made the changes required to compete. 

I personally don’t care about any of the players feelings they are here to do a job and I hope that they are all feeling rotten today and hope that for the next while they are constantly on hard running at training and have early starts as we need to change these premadonnas attitudes.