Future for Ross McCrorie?

graeme_4

Few posts on FF and social media outlets that McCrorie has asked to leave due to lack of game time. Can’t remember the details but sure there was a story around him being pretty vocal with his displeasure at not being in the team at a club function. 

I don’t think he’s a toys out the pram style guy, but he’s not really been very involved this year. 

He’s physical, hardworking and would run through a brick wall for Rangers, but he lacks the ability to play in CM for us. Just isn’t good enough with the ball. 

Question is, what’s next for him? Sporadic appearances in our 11, position change (he’s been at CH and RB in our reserves I think), out in loan, sold? 

He's definitely not toys oot pram. He's understandably frustrated at lack of game time, which is important at his age. He's not that young any more. Needs to play now and he knows it.

The boy wants to stay at us and be a success for us, cause he's a genuine Bear from a genuine Bear family, but he needs to think about his career.

40 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Big reason we won at Pittodrie and at Ibrox against the Taigs. Boy’s brilliant, if we sell him, I’d be fucking raging.

He is very useful in those types of games due to the role he plays but against the rest of the guff in the league we need more creative midfielders. 

As I recall it there was a thread quite recently where it was reported he offered critical views at an event at Ibrox.    If it was true and if so whether that's a form of toys out of pram episode is a matter of opinion.   

Other than his own opinion of his ability and value to Rangers the only opinions that really count as far as the player is concerned are those of Gerrard and Allen.   Making his point in public is one thing but did he make his point privately first to Gerrard / Allen and in the same tone?   If not then there is a case to argue that its akin to toys out of pram and an incident which I doubt Gerrard or Allen would be too pleased about.  

Whether part of the reason he gets the amount of game time he gets is down to some sort of attitude thing is something only the player and Gerrard / Allen will know.  But I doubt if a player doing that is likely to be a positive influence for Gerrard.    As Gerrard said after the Hearts game he does not pick players based on reputation (in relation to the upcoming choice of restoring Morelos or sticking with Defoe as first choice striker).    I doubt if McCrorie would fare any better if he has been staking his claim too publicly.   

If Gerrard thought the player was that good and so vital to Rangers building a consistent run of winning games he'd be in the starting line up pretty much every week.     Gerrard clearly thinks he's not at that level ……….yet.   

We have a number of players who can play that role in front of the defence.  Davis, Jack, Kamara, and Rossiter will be back soon.  McCrorie is good at winning the ball back but his distribution is awful at times. I think Kamara is a far better prospect to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

We have a number of players who can play that role in front of the defence.  Davis, Jack, Kamara, and Rossiter will be back soon.  McCrorie is good at winning the ball back but his distribution is awful at times. I think Kamara is a far better prospect to be honest. 

Rossiter 😂😂aye nae bother 

4 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Rossiter 😂😂aye nae bother 

He’s playing consistently and performing well while out on loan.  By all accounts the lad has been plagued by injury since the day he arrived and it looks like that’s finally behind him.  I still live in hope that he can fulfil his potential with us.

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

He’s playing consistently and performing well while out on loan.  By all accounts the lad has been plagued by injury since the day he arrived and it looks like that’s finally behind him.  I still live in hope that he can fulfil his potential with us.

Never gonna happen 

1 minute ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Never gonna happen 

There’s no doubt that Rossiter has ability.  He came on towards the end of last season against Hibs and looked great but sadly some cunt injured him again.  He’s been loaned out to get himself back on track and he’s doing really well.  If he joins back up with us in the summer and has a good preseason who knows...