For whom the bell tolls

D'Artagnan

Another long winded observation of what everyone of us has been saying for ages along with no obvious answers, it's all more of the same old same old, I don't have the answer either, but until someone does it's all just repetition and it eventually just becomes white noise.

21 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

What exactly did they rescue us from and doesn't the damage they did to the club while practising their hostile takeover not contribute to the mess we're currently in?

I will never forgive dave king for his involvement in weakening Rangers to such an extent that it will be years until serious investors see this club as a potential opportunity.

The fact you are asking that question alarms me Blue Fin.

Or have you forgotten when Llambias suggested Kenny McDowall could continue as coach for the forseeable future ?

5 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

How true is this post? Without going off in a rant this is exactly how I see it, worded perfectly. It was done with such hostility that anything king and the rest might do when they got in, we the fans were all supposed to look back to the ones who were in before and then thank King and the board for saving us. He hasn’t and will never fool this bear I was gutted he got passed as fit and proper to take over us. I can’t stand the guy but he has sheep who blindly follow him and believe everything he says. It feels like we are going backwards under his watch. I can see us finishing 3rd or 4th as I’m struggling to see where the points are coming from. Sad times 

Maybe the point he got passed fit and proper was because everyone in power in Scotland knew full well he had no money and would balls it up royally.

Just now, Malvern said:

Maybe the point he got passed fit and proper was because everyone in power in Scotland knew full well he had no money and would balls it up royally.

Are u suggesting the ppl in power in Scotland are corrupt and would do anything to keep us down? I am anyway 

16 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Or have you forgotten when Llambias suggested Kenny McDowall could continue as coach for the forseeable future ?

True, what went before was nothing special, but king has turned us into even more of a joke than we were under McCoist's management. 

We are not currently listed on the stock exchange, king can't afford £11,000,000 to pay for shares when he promised multiple millions to rebuild the club, he is considered toxic by people who might have been willing to invest because of his tax fraud conviction from South Africa, he made promises to the fans of this club and in doing so pulled so much wool over some people's eyes that many of our support appear to still have their head firmly inserted in a sheep's rectum.

king is a chancer who deprived this club of much needed money at a time when we could least afford to be starved of it. So you'll excuse me when I say we don't owe him anyngratitude whatsoever, instead we owe him a torch waving pitchfork brandishing mob to run him and his pet murray out of Ibrox under pain of lynching.

I've read lots of your posts on various sites and I know you love the Rangers but in this, respectfully, as my dad used to tell me, "your heid's fu o broken bottles."

10 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

They rescued us from potentially running break even to allow us to increase the debt to around 24m with and increased turnover gambling on european football which was entrusted to an unknown portugese who signed some cockhead from Mexico for the guts of 3m.

Now the previous custodians where not running us correctly due to the actions of Ashley so I am not suggesting they should have remained however the adage of they saved us has worn out - they are in danger of doing untold damage with their poor leadership.

5 minutes ago, gj923 said:

They rescued us from potentially running break even to allow us to increase the debt to around 24m with and increased turnover gambling on european football which was entrusted to an unknown portugese who signed some cockhead from Mexico for the guts of 3m.

Now the previous custodians where not running us correctly due to the actions of Ashley so I am not suggesting they should have remained however the adage of they saved us has worn out - they are in danger of doing untold damage with their poor leadership.

In danger of doing untold damage?

Thought they were close to completing the bloody project!

1 hour ago, D'Artagnan said:

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”

(George Santayana)

Allow me to summarise briefly. The Panel of Takeovers and Mergers ruled that the current custodians of our club did not act properly in their acquisition of same, determining they had acted as a concert party and consequently, having control of 30% of the business were thus compelled to make an offer to investors for the remaining shares.

This was denied by Dave King who took the decision to the Court of Session where his legal argument was rejected by Lord Bannatyne. The Advocate for the takeover Panel highlighted during the hearing an e-mail from George Letham to Dave King which cautioned King about the consequences of exceeding the 30% benchmark. These warnings clearly went unheeded.

Subsequently King was ordered to make an £11 million offer to the Club’s remaining shareholders despite the fact  King’s lawyer argued that his client could not afford to make such an offer.

If alarm bells are not sounding amongst our support – they certainly should be.

When Laura Fawkes, a Director of Club 1872, challenged Dave King at the 2017 AGM with regard to the recruitment of a replacement manager, the timescales as well as apparent failure to put in place previous assurances given with regard to succession planning, Dave King responded as follows:

“As far as the manager, I don’t accept the comment you’ve made. It’s difficult to put a time limit on it. The issue with Pedro was not one of succession planning, there’s maybe a perception that Pedro was doomed to failure. It wasn’t my view, I don’t think it was the board’s view, we continued to back Pedro. Ultimately results speak for themselves and having taken action we were extremely aware that this is going to be a 3 year appointment. We have got to be a careful we don’t let adverse results distract us from the process and I’m personally happy that we have taken the correct amount of time.”

After 68 days we had still failed to appoint a new manager and eventually installed the youth coach Graham Murty, as temporary manager. That remains the status quo at the time of writing.

Our club is one home defeat away from our worst ever series of home performances on record. In terms of assessment of our club’s progress, rebuilding and vision to reclaim the top spot in domestic football, it serves as more of an indictment than a positive indicator of continuous and steady improvement.

I would hope by now the alarm bells are loud enough to suggest a major headache is imminent.

Any honeymoon period which the current board deserved is now at an end. It is fine being beholden to them for rescuing us but they need to be judged by the job they are doing now and if that is deemed unsatisfactory or below standard then criticism should be forthcoming.

Not silence.

Weak as piss and three years too late.

The day we allowed a convicted corporate felon to be Chairman of this institution, was the day we lost our integrity and our standing in the game. The rest of Scotland laughed then as they do now, being turned into a toxic circus led by clowns.

We were as silent then as the errand boys done their work, just as we are now.

We don't do learning. Three years and not a peep against this board and to cite anyting from 1872 as a challenge, someone is having a fucking giraffe. Spare us the faux concern ffs.

Oh well, we can always have a march when it's too fucking late!

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Weak as piss and three years too late.

The day we allowed a convicted corporate felon to be Chairman of this institution, was the day we lost our integrity and our standing in the game. The rest of Scotland laughed then as they do now, being turned into a toxic circus led by clown.

We were as silent then as the errand boys done their work, just as we are now.

We don't do learning. Three years and not a peep against this board and to cite anyting from 1872 as a challemge, someone is having a fucking giraffe. Spare us the faux concern ffs.

Oh well, we can always have a march when it's too fucking late!

It already is too late mate.  King and his hangers on are going nowhere and we’ll never see a title or credible challenge while that disease is at the club.

1 hour ago, D'Artagnan said:

“As far as the manager, I don’t accept the comment you’ve made. It’s difficult to put a time limit on it. The issue with Pedro was not one of succession planning, there’s maybe a perception that Pedro was doomed to failure. It wasn’t my view, I don’t think it was the board’s view, we continued to back Pedro. Ultimately results speak for themselves and having taken action we were extremely aware that this is going to be a 3 year appointment. We have got to be a careful we don’t let adverse results distract us from the process and I’m personally happy that we have taken the correct amount of time.”

It was extremely difficult to succeed under the circumstances but I suppose that would've been true for anyone coming in.  

54 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

What exactly did they rescue us from and doesn't the damage they did to the club while practising their hostile takeover not contribute to the mess we're currently in?

I will never forgive dave king for his involvement in weakening Rangers to such an extent that it will be years until serious investors see this club as a potential opportunity.

Perhaps being saved from a real multi-billionaire is a new business concept, must admit it is a new one to me.

19 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Fucking Hell, we were 5 m in hock to fat Mike, another 5 ready to get drawn down, in the Championship with seemingly no way of getting out, all the reduced revenue, and even more  money needed than what we are in debt now to keep us going and afloat. Potentially running even :lol:

The current Board have plenty to answer for, but that's fucking nonsense mate.

14 minutes ago, Malvern said:

In danger of doing untold damage?

Thought they were close to completing the bloody project!

If that project is to turn us into a mirror image of the other 10 clubs where we have no money, get beaten reguarly, look with fondness to a cup run, crash out of Europe to a team no one has ever heard of and sign players on loan from championship clubs and the likes where they cannot get a game then yes.