Ejaria and Kent

Dan Deacon

Thoughts on these 2 lads last night?

They frustrated me at times. I can see the potential in both of them and I think they will form a good relationship together and when that links with the rest of the attack they'll be very potent with goals and assists.

Think Ejaria needs to try to do less at times. 1 touch too many or running into dead ends a lot. Early days so don't want to be overly critical.

I think they're both a cut above the EPL loanees we've had in recent years. Granted, Ejaria was poor last night, but I think - despite his youth and propensity to try tricks too often - he's got the potential to contribute more than the likes of Goss, Toral, Nemane, etc. I know some people will disagree but he seems like a first team player to me. 

I thought Kent was decent. Very quick, worked his arse off and has the ability to beat a man. 

Not sold on Ejaria yet. He’s very silky and probably takes too many touches. 

Both are good players right enough and a definite upgrade on what we’ve had on loan

Both need to work on that final ball and releasing it at the right time. Ejaria has moments when we are on the attack where he loses it and we find ourselves defending the counter attack - almost cost us one time last night. That said, I like them both and they will contribute a lot this season.

Jury's still very much out on both and as others have mentioned, they're guilty of needlessly losing possession at crucial times (in fairness, Coulibaly, Tav, Candeias and Flanagan were too).  But in Ejaria's case, he's trying to be way too clever instead of keeping it simple which in knock-out games, is pretty infuriating and too dangerous at this stage.  But undoubtedly a good performance overall, especially as the game was played at a much quicker pace than anything we've had so far this season.  Would definitely bring in Arfield and Murphy in place of those 2 for Sunday though.

I'll tell you what if even one of those flicks from Ejaria had come off in the 1st half we would all be creaming in our pants, as we would have had at least one 1v1, he's a young lad but at least he had the gonads to attempt something different, I'm willing to give him at least another 5-6 games before I decide, as for Kent, not sure what he brings to the team apart from hard work, I'd like to see him go past a defender more often, that cross he put in to the box 1st half was a belter, and he does have a good delivery from a corner, I'ii give him another few games as well before making a decision.

I thought Ejaria played well at times, although his decision making was poor in parts, hopefully that improves with more game time and familiarity with his teammates. His workrate was good i thought. At one point he was doubling up at leftback and won a free-kick when we were under pressure. More to come from him i think.

Kent has shown ability in flashes, and i do like the look of him, but can't really see anything he's offered so far that Middleton hasn't. 

I thought Ejaria had a very good game last night. His decision making can sometimes let him down and he definitely has a tendency to try to do too much at times but he must be a nightmare to play against. He's big, strong and very good with the ball at his feet. He's still young and developing but he has potential to be a great player, just needs the right coaching 

Ejaria is trying too hard to impress. The boy is talanted, play it simple and look ten times the player.

Kent needs to have a better product, lots of endeavour but too often runs into traffic of invites the tackle. Bags of pace and trick or two which will be a handy asset over the season as well. 

nuts how everyone see's them differently, thought Ejaria was terrible in the 1st half and wanted him off, constantly gave the ball away , done a bit better in the 2nd half but was still disappointed when Coulibaly got whipped instead of him.

Kent looks like he needs confidence and he be decent

33 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Thoughts on these 2 lads last night?

They frustrated me at times. I can see the potential in both of them and I think they will form a good relationship together and when that links with the rest of the attack they'll be very potent with goals and assists.

Think Ejaria needs to try to do less at times. 1 touch too many or running into dead ends a lot. Early days so don't want to be overly critical.

Spot on Dan regarding Ejaria, I said last night that 1 minute he is like a Rolls-Royce the next a clapped out mini, he is very decent in tight spaces but slows the game up to much for my liking...once he learns to pick the right pass I believe he will be an asset.

I've liked watching Ejaria, breath of fresh air watching him turn and go forward with the ball rather than what we've seen in the last few years from CM's passing the ball sideways or backwards. 

Gave the ball away a few times and made some wrong decisions but it will come hopefully.