Ejaria

Vanoli

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Don't necessarily agree with that. If he plays smart in the Old Firm game he could be a good player for is in it, good in tight situations and getting away from players, pass the ball on forward for other players to run and counter

I just see him being bullied in an old firm game, not questioning he’s had a good game there but genuinely not one for an old firm battle

1 minute ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

I just see him being bullied in an old firm game, not questioning he’s had a good game there but genuinely not one for an old firm battle

I don't think he's that lightweight tbh, he's not a physical player for sure but he helps out pressing and definitely works hard, and on the ball he's got feet that will get away from players and win fouls. I suspect if Coulibaly is back fit then Ejaria won't be playing anyway. I feel that Coulibaly, Jack, Arfield is our first choice 3. 

18 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Not sure where this “he’ll get bullied” comes from. He’s not been bullied once yet. He needs to speed his passing up a bit yes and know when not to over do it in the wrong areas of the park but i’ve seen nothing to suggest he’ll be bullied.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Better game from him.  Work rate was good to see.  Thought Jack was our man though, great reader of a game. 

Agreed mate, sometimes you forget Jack's there, it's not until you actually watch him you realise all the stuff he's doing off the ball aswell. He's going to be great this season i think.

I liked the look of him from the start, has a wee touch of class about the way he operates but also a little bit of laziness/overrelaxed.

I think he looks to be developing  a sense of urgency which should stand him in good stead, looking promising but not the finished article just yet.

27 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Better game from him.  Work rate was good to see.  Thought Jack was our man though, great reader of a game. 

Jacks the boy.

The big man done alrigh, better second half. Wouldn’t start him against the fenians but. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Has so much talent and really quick feet but just wish he’d play his passes a little bit quicker 

Alot of that is because he is nearly always looking for a forward pass to break through the opposition lines and if it isnt on he will keep the ball and try and open up an angle to make the pass he wants, rather than just give a square ball.

I thought he was excellent tonight his best performance by a mile so far, it looks like his confidence has returned now after the bad experience at Sunderland for half of last season.

17 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

Alot of that is because he is nearly always looking for a forward pass to break through the opposition lines and if it isnt on he will keep the ball and try and open up an angle to make the pass he wants, rather than just give a square ball.

Yep that's his game and he's good at it :tu:

He got on the ball more than previously, protected it well, passed it well. Put in a good shift. 

But in terms of noticeable contributions that impacted going forward, he offered as little really as Morelos, Kent, Candeais and Arfield.

We really were poor going forward, and as others have queried I'm also unsure of his role. Seems another cog in the wheel of moving the ball across the park at times.

Not a bad performance, just a bit meh from a player I was hoping would contribute more in terms of creating chances, assists, goals...