Alfredo dropped an Old Firm bombshell

Smile

Its all about timing.   And his personal ambition.   

Whether he gave interviews expressing his ambitions or whether he stayed quiet the reality is if clubs wanted to make a bid for him then a window of opportunity opens for them in the next few days.     I think SG has made it clear in the recent past that if clubs come in for Rangers players then they need to be coming in with top money or they are wasting their time.    If a top money bid comes in - a bid that matches or exceeds Rangers' valuation of the player at this point in time - and if the player is attracted to playing for said club then I've no doubt a deal will be done and that'll be that as far as Morelos and Rangers is concerned.  

As for the ambition of the Club, its Chairman, its Board, its Manager and its DoF selling Morelos when there is still a chance of sorts of winning the league title if he stayed would be a telling statement to the Support.   Cash trumping title ambition...….at least as far as this season is concerned.    If the Board and management team have privately concluded that the title is really beyond Rangers this season because its been a Morelos (and to a some extent McGregor) show so far with far too many other players so far beyond the fringes of Rangers-quality performances as to be mediocre at best, then cashing in on Morelos at this time seems to me to be is a near certainty...………………………...and start again for next season.

If, however, the Chairman, the Board, the Manager and the DoF were to do as SG advised some of his players to do recently and that is to back their own abilities and ambition then even inflated bids for Morelos would be rejected in this transfer window and the Board would be busting a financial gut to get some quality players in who could maybe make a difference to challenging for the title in the 2nd part of the season.  

Will It be a case of take the dosh or back the ambition?    My money is on the Board taking the dosh and relegating football ambition to something that happens another day downstream.   And as a Support we'd just have to bear the consequences of yet another title opportunity missed. 

28 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Negative story about arguably our best player 3 days before a game against the scum...Who would have guessed..

They didn't make it up though. Morelos gave the interview and they are reporting it.

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Its all about timing.   And his personal ambition.   

Whether he gave interviews expressing his ambitions or whether he stayed quiet the reality is if clubs wanted to make a bid for him then a window of opportunity opens for them in the next few days.     I think SG has made it clear in the recent past that if clubs come in for Rangers players then they need to be coming in with top money or they are wasting their time.    If a top money bid comes in - a bid that matches or exceeds Rangers' valuation of the player at this point in time - and if the player is attracted to playing for said club then I've no doubt a deal will be done and that'll be that as far as Morelos and Rangers is concerned.  

As for the ambition of the Club, its Chairman, its Board, its Manager and its DoF selling Morelos when there is still a chance of sorts of winning the league title if he stayed would be a telling statement to the Support.   Cash trumping title ambition...….at least as far as this season is concerned.    If the Board and management team have privately concluded that the title is really beyond Rangers this season because its been a Morelos (and to a some extent McGregor) show so far with far too many other players so far beyond the fringes of Rangers-quality performances as to be mediocre at best, then cashing in on Morelos at this time seems to me to be is a near certainty...………………………...and start again for next season.

If, however, the Chairman, the Board, the Manager and the DoF were to do as SG advised some of his players to do recently and that is to back their own abilities and ambition then even inflated bids for Morelos would be rejected in this transfer window and the Board would be busting a financial gut to get some quality players in who could maybe make a difference to challenging for the title in the 2nd part of the season.  

Will It be a case of take the dosh or back the ambition?    My money is on the Board taking the dosh and relegating football ambition to something that happens another day downstream.   And as a Support we'd just have to bear the consequences of yet another title opportunity missed. 

Agree that to the majority of the support it would seem like a lack of ambition

But lets be honest, Morelos won't be here for the start of next season, regardless of what happens between now and the summer (unless he gets a shocking injury, that's the only way I see him staying)

If the title is gone this season already then cashing in on him in January, when his stock is as high as its ever been, might actually be the best thing we can do because what's the alternatives?

Hold on to him, fight for 2nd place & then sell him for the same amount or maybe even less come the summer?

Hold on to him, he gets a bad injury or loses form & loses some of his value?

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

ridiculous. 

We will finish third at best though if we do sell him. He absolutely cannot leave for our sake. 

Dont think it is ridiculous.

the leagues that tight and we’d be that pish that we’d drop down.

Gerrard would probably play Coulibaly up front.

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If we sell Morelos in January then we’ll finish in bottom six.

Morelos won't be going in January mate. The offers that come in January will still be on the table come the summer with the potential of a few more million on them if he continued to bang them in. 

It would make absolutely zero sense to me to sell in January.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Dorrans

Murphy

Kent

Goldson

McAuley

Arfield

Jack

With so many injured and borderline, what we need is the unfortunate passing of a former player so that we can get the game postponed until we’re back to full strength 👍

We not off to Japan for an end of year tour?

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Where does he say that? 

"It's very likely there are several teams looking at me and that there will be offers, but there is nothing concrete yet." 

Suggests he is waiting on something.

"My dream is to play in the English Premier League. It's very similar to the football in Scotland."

Unless he is suggesting we move Rangers to the english leagues he has no long term plans to play for us and is looking at an end game.

That's how i read it anyway

2 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Morelos won't be going in January mate. The offers that come in January will still be on the table come the summer with the potential of a few more million on them if he continued to bang them in. 

It would make absolutely zero sense to me to sell in January.

I can’t see it either..

He’ll be away at end of season.

I just hope any bids in January dont affect his attitude in second half of season.

Nowt wrong with him having ambition, will work in our favour.  And he's an honest and hard working player, no questions on his commitment to us. 

Secret is to to find the best time to sell at max profit, and get plenty of sell on clauses in there. We can invest that in a few decent players who should stroll it in Scotland.

More worrying is the underperforming ones who are happy to stay as long as they can. Would be nice if the ones who knew their time is up (we know who they are) continued to try hard and even strive to make decent arrangements with the club. 

8 minutes ago, PSL said:

"It's very likely there are several teams looking at me and that there will be offers, but there is nothing concrete yet." 

Suggests he is waiting on something.

"My dream is to play in the English Premier League. It's very similar to the football in Scotland."

Unless he is suggesting we move Rangers to the english leagues he has no long term plans to play for us and is looking at an end game.

That's how i read it anyway

He also says at the end if he continues to score goals for Rangers opportunities will come, could be caps or offers, or does that not fit with your agenda?