Season back on?

ElBufalo20

Starting from tomorrow we have a genuine chance of closing the gap.

I honestly thought the league was over but if we can go into the split 5 points or less the league is on and that’s not an outrageous suggestion given the events of today.

I honestly think the Scottish Cup is there for the taking too.

Its a make or break week. 2 huge chances for us given their fixtures.

We’ve been really inconsistent this season but the fact there is a tiny bit of hope means I believe we can now win it.

Lennon was hopeless against McCoist at Ibrox and bottled numerous cup games at Hampden.

We as a club need to take this chance and hopefully believe.

Lets hope Marvin Andrews does the half time draw tomorrow/tonight and we’ll almost be there!

For me its a no. They've lost their manager not 50% of their playing squad and 8 points with 11 to go is a healthy lead.

Often teams come out stronger after these things too. New boss to impress etc.

I would be delighted to be proven wrong but our own inability to finish off 3 or 4 crucial games earlier in the season and apply the pressure on them doesn't suggest to me that we will be able to in the last 11.

10 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Bite yer hand off for scottish cup and 2nd place right now, 8 points means we have no room for error and we're no good enough at the moment imo, however 😂.

did McCoist not throw away a 12or 15 point lead????  how many games left US vs them?

2 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Starting from tomorrow we have a genuine chance of closing the gap.

I honestly thought the league was over but if we can go into the split 5 points or less the league is on and that’s not an outrageous suggestion given the events of today.

I honestly think the Scottish Cup is there for the taking too.

Its a make or break week. 2 huge chances for us given their fixtures.

We’ve been really inconsistent this season but the fact there is a tiny bit of hope means I believe we can now win it.

Lennon was hopeless against McCoist at Ibrox and bottled numerous cup games at Hampden.

We as a club need to take this chance and hopefully believe.

Lets hope Marvin Andrews does the half time draw tomorrow/tonight and we’ll almost be there!

Agreed.

I'm hoping to hear the helicopter changing direction 🙂

Would be fantastic but we have to win every game to keep the pressure on.  With Brenda leaving it might have a negative affect on some of their players but will have to wait and see. Im sure a few wont fancy TLB management style. If things dont go his way could see the start of an epic meltdown from him and their fans.

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Possible, but improbable m8.

Albeit the season has several furlongs left to run, a celtic success would also complete quite a turnaround. As recently as 5 November, Rangers sat 15 points clear of their city rivals. Now, celtic are the firm favourites to atone for their defeat at Ibrox in September.

"I always believed we would close the gap but I didn't realise it would be so quickly, but that is testament to the players' consistency," said Lennon. "But even though I am a young manager, I've been in football a long time and nothing is won in October and nothing is won in December.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/dec/27/celtic-Rangers-old-firm  

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Albeit the season has several furlongs left to run, a celtic success would also complete quite a turnaround. As recently as 5 November, Rangers sat 15 points clear of their city rivals. Now, celtic are the firm favourites to atone for their defeat at Ibrox in September.

"I always believed we would close the gap but I didn't realise it would be so quickly, but that is testament to the players' consistency," said Lennon. "But even though I am a young manager, I've been in football a long time and nothing is won in October and nothing is won in December.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/dec/27/celtic-Rangers-old-firm  

7 points is historically a good marker.  Once one team gets a lead of 7 points of more it's difficult to pull it back.  There's obviously exceptions to that rule but generally speaking it holds firm.  

We're currently 8 points behind with 11 games left to play.  Is it possible?  Sure, but as someone else said, it's improbable.  

Only really depends on the next two league games. 

We win ours and even if they draw both it’s game on. 

I’ve said since the fixtures came out if we’re within 3 of them come the split we will win it. In the interests of sporting integrity they’d play us, sheep and hibs away, whilst we had them all at home. 

If and its still a big if,,, we can go to their place and turn them over,, then with a 5 point gap or less and them knowing the last OF game is at Ibrox in front of a full house of bears where they have already been beaten ,, then maybe then they will go into full on panic meltdown,,, would be a hell of a run in