Tavernier & Barisic Stats

Ace

I’m willing to give Barasic another season, it does take time for some foreigners to get used to British football, he is a Croatian international footballer after all.   But he’s another player who needs to work on his defending especially positioning, cost us a few goals last season, hopefully Gerrard can get Tav and him together and work on their defending, Tav could actually play for a top ten premier league side easily if he could defend properly.  

I actually like the guy but Barisic will have better looking stats because he's played far less, right? I may be wrong on that one though, not sure. I feel as if he'd look a lot better if he had a partner on the left that covered him when he roams forward the way Candeias does with Tav. He needs more time to show whether he's good enough or not, I'd give him until January to prove it.

Barisic is a full Croatian International and their starting left back. An up and down first season in Scotland but still getting picked for the national team ahead of the rest of the pack.

Should be the starting left back this season, especially in the early games.

19 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

I actually like the guy but Barisic will have better looking stats because he's played far less, right? I may be wrong on that one though, not sure. I feel as if he'd look a lot better if he had a partner on the left that covered him when he roams forward the way Candeias does with Tav. He needs more time to show whether he's good enough or not, I'd give him until January to prove it.

That's not entirely true though is it?, Ryan Kent is a hard worker and gets back and and covers for his LBs I don't know how many times I saw him back defending and covering in the last 3rd last season.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

No stats can make up for the fact that Barisic lacks the heart for the style of football here. He’s shat it loads of times. 

Big season for him coming up, hope he can pull it together mentally as there's clearly a player in there.