them

MisterC

If they sign Hickey or Doig: I'm confident they'll start brightly, play too often, fade, and then fall out of their starting eleven before January. They've both got potential but £5M is a lot of money for someone who'll probably burn-out and ultimately get less minutes than Greg Taylor next season. Both of them would be better off with us, where they could be broken in while we're resting Barisic without too much expectation (ala Patterson with Tav), but the reality is both us and the filth have probably missed the window for buying Doig or Hickey at a fee that makes sense within SPL limitations (~£1-2M). 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

If they sign Hickey or Doig: I'm confident they'll start brightly, play too often, fade, and then fall out of their starting eleven before January. They've both got potential but £5M is a lot of money for someone who'll probably burn-out and ultimately get less minutes than Greg Taylor next season. Both of them would be better off with us, where they could be broken in while we're resting Barisic without too much expectation (ala Patterson), but the reality is both us and the filth have probably missed the window for buying Doig or Hickey at a fee that makes sense within SPL limitations (~£1-2M). 

Hickey was a good young talent at Hearts and I wouldn't have minded us signing him until I found out who he supported. Not sure he is worth 5m however.

59 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Apparently Hickey has 'impressed' in Italy.

Would that be in all those 10 games he played? One in which he got sent off early? Or the one he was playing when they lost 4-3 against Sassuolo?

What about the defeat to the mighty Benevento? Or maybe it was in the only game they kept a clean sheet in that he played, against Crotone who finished second bottom!

More red cards(1) than goals and assists combined. 

Hickey has potential, but he's not been impressive at Bologna, same as Skov Olsen. If they spent £5m on him I would be pretty content, not convinced he's anywhere near as good as the hype he has been receiving. 

I'm being honest mate....he has never showed up well in any game against us....I remember he scored a deflected winner against hibs and the praise for him was overboard 

41 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Fucking Rogic? :lol:

Cunt hasn't been seen since skying that penalty in the semi final. 

Hope he thinks the same about the thumb. More he keeps the better.

24 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Simon Jordan telling Lennon how it is. 

Listened to that there just to hear what Simon Jordan had to say and came away probably hating Jim White as much as TLB, Genuinely can’t fucking stand him.

8 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Apparently Hickey has 'impressed' in Italy.

Would that be in all those 10 games he played? One in which he got sent off early? Or the one he was playing when they lost 4-3 against Sassuolo?

What about the defeat to the mighty Benevento? Or maybe it was in the only game they kept a clean sheet in that he played, against Crotone who finished second bottom!

More red cards(1) than goals and assists combined. 

Hickey has potential, but he's not been impressive at Bologna, same as Skov Olsen. If they spent £5m on him I would be pretty content, not convinced he's anywhere near as good as the hype he has been receiving. 

Skov came on against Belgium and looked really good. Sometimes the system/fellow players make all the difference. Hickey at 5 mill is a bit nuts though.

56 minutes ago, Raligt said:

They are linked with Carter-Vickers this morning. Apparently he started his youth career here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_United_F.C. :lol:

he is a pretty decent player, he is from the same town as me and they are just a normal amateur side. Think they asked for some kits from Celtic years ago hence the green & white strip.

Being a decent player automatically rules him out for them IMO, Absolutely no chance they could afford him, and why would Tottenham loan him to them? he has already had a number of loan spells, most recently a successful one with a strong championship club in Bournemouth. I think if Spurs do loan him again it would be to a bottom end premiership side, or sell him, for far more than Celtic can afford. Newcastle apparently interested, and the link to celtic is from some US journalist so a load of shite IMO. 

19 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Fucking Rogic? :lol:

Cunt hasn't been seen since skying that penalty in the semi final. 

Hope he thinks the same about the thumb. More he keeps the better.

He scored in every game against us in a  season since then, and scored a cup winner in the last winner since then.