Scott Wright

1 hour ago, ESWF said:

Getting him in 6 months early has proven to be a shrewd piece of business. He’s already developed further in a number of areas under the coaching staff. Clever finish last night. Retains his place in midweek.

Definitely, plus he is hungry. He looks desperate to do well. Looks to have bulked up too. He has already turned it up this season, if he continues like this he'll be a very good signing. 

23 minutes ago, Rab L Rouser said:

Scott is definitely a very good all round player, he just needs more game time to develop his game and bring out the very best in him. I hope he gets the opportunity to show us more of what he's capable of.

Ffs man.

Again.

How many times :lol:

4 hours ago, ESWF said:

Getting him in 6 months early has proven to be a shrewd piece of business. He’s already developed further in a number of areas under the coaching staff. Clever finish last night. Retains his place in midweek.

It's been excellent. Almost like that bedding in period is needed for many players coming to such a demanding environment. Unfortunately for the ones signed in the summer they don't get that luxury and are deemed duds before the weans are back at school 😕 

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's been excellent. Almost like that bedding in period is needed for many players coming to such a demanding environment. Unfortunately for the ones signed in the summer they don't get that luxury and are deemed duds before the weans are back at school 😕 

And we only signed two. One had to quarantine for 10 days and passed up on summer internationals. Not the best summer preparation on so many levels.

On 14/08/2021 at 13:59, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I dont think Gerrard has been doing them any favours, Lundstram doesnt look fit at all yet is picked as a starter in important games. It doesnt make sense. Sakala seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth after a few mixed cameos too. 

I said last week that CL is a level too high for him. I still stand by that.

This mob were nowhere near CL level, and he was a standout. This kid will definitely come good. Ran his fucking cunt in for 45 minutes....chasing down the keeper. harrying defenders. Exactly everything Kent didn't do. 

I can't remember what point I was trying to make now. 

Well played young man! Love ya!! 

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I never thought I would see the day when Kent gets subbed at HT. It was the correct decision and Wright immediately ignited the team. If Bassey kept the shirt, then so must Wright.

Kent will be back firing at some point over the next few months until then though Wright has more than earned a starting slot .

Id say the same for Bassey ,Barasic has looked well off what we know he can be .Big Bassey has always been raw but looks to have added a fair bit to his game .

Just now, magic8ball said:

Kent will be back firing at some point over the next few months until then though Wright has more than earned a starting slot .

Id say the same for Bassey ,Barasic has looked well off what we know he can be .Big Bassey has always been raw but looks to have added a fair bit to his game .

I agree Barisic will be back. I'm pretty sure he is still recovering from an injury. Although he has a fight on his hands with Bassey.

As for Kent, he has played poorly before but tonight he just didn't look interested to me. I could understand if there was transfer speculation but I don't think that is the case. I'm not sure what is going on with him.

16 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Did everyone notice how the players seemed to work better once Kent was hooked....found that interesting. 

Because he tries to make it the Ryan Kent show every game and his decision making is awful. It's frustrating watching him bring a quick break to a halt by overplaying into multiple defenders when he has a forward pass on. Wright is much more intelligent about taking on defenders or just moving the ball on.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree Barisic will be back. I'm pretty sure he is still recovering from an injury. Although he has a fight on his hands with Bassey.

As for Kent, he has played poorly before but tonight he just didn't look interested to me. I could understand if there was transfer speculation but I don't think that is the case. I'm not sure what is going on with him.

Kent normally never hides ,Even having a poor game he still trying .Maybe could be as simple as losing confidence after such a long poor spell .