*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

MisterC

28 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He's always been that type of player, maybe they thought they could coach new attributes to his game but it's not working out too great so far.

I still think there is something missing with him .He’s pissing against the wind though because he’s not going to get the run of games needed .

Looks like he would be suited to a move if somebody wants him .

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

I still think there is something missing with him .He’s pissing against the wind though because he’s not going to get the run of games needed .

Looks like he would be suited to a move if somebody wants him .

The thing I think that is missing with him is more his speed of thinking, he has ability but he doesn't have the speed of thought to instinctively know who and where to lay it off to and what runs to make.

He needs too much time on the ball when trying to link up but has a great natural finishing instinct. As you rightly say, he is pissing in the wind because he needs a run of games to get up to speed with his team mates as there is only so much you can do in training.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The thing I think that is missing with him is more his speed of thinking, he has ability but he doesn't have the speed of thought to instinctively know who and where to lay it off to and what runs to make.

He needs too much time on the ball when trying to link up but has a great natural finishing instinct. As you rightly say, he is pissing in the wind because he needs a run of games to get up to speed with his team mates as there is only so much you can do in training.

Think it’s bottle that’s causing it ,that cured in time with a run of games .but he ain’t getting that .Reckon Defoe would get a shout before him in some games .

Very confident we’ll get through to the next round. Malmö weren’t anything special and, as others have pointed out, looked shit scared for the last 20 minutes or so. The goals we conceded were awful and Malmö didn’t look like creating anything else. That was our worst European performance for quite some time and we still go into the home tie only one goal behind. The late goal has changed the whole complexion of the second leg. If we come out of the traps fast and bag an early goal then we will absolutely scud them. 

3 minutes ago, The Blues said:

It was only Itten. Only players to get pass marks were Tav,Helander, Wright and Davis. Helander was our best player on the night.

I'm sorry but no way does Tav get pass marks. His positioning was all wrong for the first goal, a right back should not get pulled that far over. And for the 2nd goal he made a very slack pass, similar to what he did at CP a few years back when we lost to a last minute goal.

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

Just dont get the amount of negativity going about.

Admittedly we were far from at our best but we are still well in this game and we have the second leg is at Ibrox.

Sure we will need to improve but I certainly wouldn't bet against the manager achieving this.

Agree with this. I still think we'll go through next week. 

38 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’ve rewatched the second half. The early brain farts aside, we were pretty much in control are never really threatened. How much of that came as a result of their 2 goal cushion remains to be seen.

However we shouldn’t forget that Malmö are in control of this tie. They’ll do whatever they can to protect that 1 goal lead. A goal for us next week could be a long time coming so I hope the fans are patient.

Agreed aside from shocking start in the 2nd half we did control much of the game. We just didn't create much in clear cut chances. 

I can see them digging in next week, time wasting and going down like they've been shot at every challenge. They'll want fans in attendance to get frustrated. 

An early goal would be huge but I think we will eventually break them down. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Agreed aside from shocking start in the 2nd half we did control much of the game. We just didn't create much in clear cut chances. 

I can see them digging in next week, time wasting and going down like they've been shot at every challenge. They'll want fans in attendance to get frustrated. 

An early goal would be huge but I think we will eventually break them down. 

and this is where we'll have to play our part 

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Give yourself peace ya absolute tool.

You’ll be right and Steven will be wrong then….

…Gerrard told RangersTV: "I’ve just said to the boys in there, my opinion is there are six or seven that need to raise their level and raise it sharply."

I’ll leave it at that.

7 minutes ago, YoungBill said:

…Gerrard told RangersTV: "I’ve just said to the boys in there, my opinion is there are six or seven that need to raise their level and raise it sharply."

I’ll leave it at that.

Idiot 

10 minutes ago, YoungBill said:

I’ll leave it at that.

You're a wank @Blue Avenger

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

He's only just in the door, agreed he was poor but trust the gaffer as he's proven all of us wrong dozens of times on players. 

Agreed, both Jack and Kamara took a while to get to the levels they have achieved.

A decent side who were clearly up to speed and had that advantage.

However, we have a manager with a vastly experienced Champions League pedigree for a situation like this.

We will be better equipped next time, going to be one special night I believe and the atmosphere will be... off the scale... :rangers:

If Alfredo isn't deemed to be ready next week then IMO Sakala has to start, we can't start with Itten again he's just to ponderous in possession, we will need to be at it right from the 1st whistle and it was pretty obvious when Sakala came on last night that he was forcing their defence into more hurried clearances by being in their faces, clearances that more often than not fell to one of our players enabling us to start attacking again, even if most of our attacks came to nothing it did give us the opportunity to keep pushing forward, now I understand that the wee fella has only played a couple of games for us and we don't yet know if he'll be the answer but he'll definitely keep their defence occupied a hell of a lot more than Itten and hopefully if not him then he'll create openings for others.