Lundstram must start

five stars

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Mate I've just wrote a reply out to you then deleted it because something didn't make sense. Had to go back a few quoted posts but we're talking about two different players which I can see is my fault. I was talking about Lundstram. Agree with you that Bassey needs a better final ball. Bed time for meΒ :lol:

It is the Lundstram thread after all.

πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ»Β 

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

His role was not more important than Hagi’s in that goal, it’s not even up for debate.

He didn’t have a better overall performance than Hagi either, he was never motm. The only reason people are giving him that is because he improved tonight on his previous dire performancesΒ 

You talk some amount of shite tbf.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyο»ΏArse said:

You talk some amount of shite tbf.

You think his previous performances were good?

His last game was Lyon in which he was a massive part of us losing the first goal and spent most of the game playing very simple passes that amounted to nothing.Β 

He was never more important than Hagi tonight either so I have genuinely no idea what you’re questioning in my post

He did play a big part in the lead up to the goal. I remember thinking that at the time.

In the last 20 minutes, he played off the coattails of Balogun & Goldson and was never under any pressure. Pretty much anyone can look good in those situations. It's when he is harried is the problem.

Played well but not getting carried away.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyο»ΏArse said:

Less stray passes than other midfielders. More key interceptions than others too. Controlling midfield quite calmly. Think he played a part in both goals.

If you don't like him. He underachieved.Β 

If you're objective. He did well and gets pass marks.

Β 

Makes easier passes than anyone else in midfield.

Β Actually strangely drops back to cover a defender going anywhere near the halfway line too, which would be fine if it wasn’t Livingston at home who offered nothing in attackΒ 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He did play a big part in the lead up to the goal. I remember thinking that at the time.

In the last 20 minutes, he played off the coattails of Balogun & Goldson and was never under any pressure. Pretty much anyone can look good in those situations. It's when he is harried is the problem.

Played well but not getting carried away.

He did play a big part in the lead up to the first goal, no doubt. It absolutely wasn’t more important than the actual assist though, that’s just sillyΒ 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You think his previous performances were good?

His last game was Lyon in which he was a massive part of us losing the first goal and spent most of the game playing very simple passes that amounted to nothing.Β 

He was never more important than Hagi tonight either so I have genuinely no idea what you’re questioning in my post

You're right nobody was good against Lyon but against the grain on here, Lundstram was probably the better of the midfield that night. Lundstram was good second half tonight, if you don't agree then it's simply because you've made your mind up on him already as so many have.Β 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

You're right nobody was good against Lyon but against the grain on here, Lundstram was probably the better of the midfield that night. Lundstram was good second half tonight, if you don't agree then it's simply because you've made your mind up on him already as so many have.Β 

I said in my first post he was good second half, as were most of the team as when Hagi came on he changed the intensity.Β 

My issue is lundstram being named motm by some when that to me is ridiculous considering before Hagi came on he was as bad as the rest.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I said in my first post he was good second half, as were most of the team as when Hagi came on he changed the intensity.Β 

My issue is lundstram being named motm by some when that to me is ridiculous considering before Hagi came on he was as bad as the rest.

I thought he was ok in the first half at best. Wouldn't say he was bad individually.Β  His job was to sit deeper than the other two midfielders and let them go forward. Protection. The whole team played too slow first half. Hagi came on and we played at a higher tempo. Hagi was class. Constantly showed for the ball unlike Wright. Lundstram did a lot of dirty work, nothing too fancy. Think people have definitely written him off way too early.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I thought he was ok in the first half at best. Wouldn't say he was bad individually.Β  His job was to sit deeper than the other two midfielders and let them go forward. Protection. The whole team played too slow first half. Hagi came on and we played at a higher tempo. Hagi was class. Constantly showed for the ball unlike Wright. Lundstram did a lot of dirty work, nothing too fancy. Think people have definitely written him off way too early.

I haven’t written him off yet, I just won’t hear he was better than Hagi this evening.Β 

Hagi came on and single handedly changed that game and with it the piss poor mood I was finding myself in :lol:

@.Williamson.has a picture of Lundstrum on his dart board.

Hate to say it mate but the first goal was largely down to his interception and to drive us quickly forward when Livi thought they were getting out so caught on the hop.

I think the one with the crowd applauding the slide tackle was a case of just appreciating the fact that, rather than just give up and go into his shell after letting the ball go by him, he quickly rectified it.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

@.Williamson.has a picture of Lundstrum on his dart board.

Hate to say it mate but the first goal was largely down to his interception and to drive us quickly forward when Livi thought they were getting out so caught on the hop.

I think the one with the crowd applauding the slide tackle was a case of just appreciating the fact that, rather than just give up and go into his shell after letting the ball go by him, he quickly rectified it.

Wasn’t better than Hagi

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spot on.

This season reminds me of the Barisic vs Halliday season when people were clamouring for Halliday to play, were making out his average performances were great. Barisic has had similar performances to Bassey last night where he gets slated, yet Bassey is being praised highly.

In a game where the opposition had zero interest to attack(no shot at goal) and the full backs were the width, the crossing last night which both Tav and Barisic have correctly been slated for was poor again.Β 

I did enjoy Patterson getting warm applause after his 5th or 6th horrendous cross of the night, Tav would be lucky to get that after twoΒ :lol:

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

I did enjoy Patterson getting warm applause after his 5th or 6th horrendous cross of the night, Tav would be lucky to get that after twoΒ :lol:

The kid definitely gets a lot less stick, which is understandable considering he’s a fan and still a teenager. But if Tav had faded as much as Patterson did in the second half he’d have been slaughtered by the enclosuresπŸ˜‚