RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I love him.

He done Alot for my amateur football team. He sponsored us through his pub and would put on speakers nights etc free of charge which he would attend.

His son Steven would come and train with us (wasn't much of a player he won't mind me saying) but he loved coming down to keep fit. You'd never know he was the son of the greatest Ranger. Just a nice guy like his father. They are genuinely an absolutely brilliant family and they've lost a husband, father and grandfather.

Just can't put into words how gutted I am at this.

I think you have put it very well mate, you have a connection to Walter very few of us had. You will be grieving because of that strong connection, along with all the other lads who were in your team. 

We are all sad at Walter's death but most of us never had the opportunity to meet him unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’ll be one of the toughest things to watch ever btw

Never cried for any death outside friends or family but struggled to hold the tears back this morning.

My first memories of Rangers is 92/93 season and Walter Smith and Ally McCoist have been my heroes to this day.

Devasted. Just loved the man.

My son won a mygers competition for a Halloween party and tour at Ibrox for Thursday we’d bought the cardigan and grey hair spray!

Gutted

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think you have put it very well mate, you have a connection to Walter very few of us had. You will be grieving because of that strong connection, along with all the other lads who were in your team. 

We are all sad at Walter's death but most of us never had the opportunity to meet him unfortunately. 

I only know of him through guys who ran my club mate. Our ex gaffer was Walters personal friend and it's through they 2 that our team had the days it did.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Never cried for any death outside friends or family but struggled to hold the tears back this morning.

My first memories of Rangers is 92/93 season and Walter Smith and Ally McCoist have been my heroes to this day.

Devasted. Just loved the man.

My son won a mygers competition for a Halloween party and tour at Ibrox for Thursday we’d bought the cardigan and grey hair spray!

Gutted

You must be ages with me mate as I remember from 90/91 onwards 

Proper tears. Such a sad sad loss for our family. I had got myself together and then watched the tribute video Rangers just released. Absolutely flattened me again. 

Such amazing memories created by just an outstanding man. He embodied everything in which the club and supporters strive to be.