Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

He has well and truly joined the managerial merry go round l. After 11 EPL games, Spurs, Newcastle,Villa & Norwich have sacked managers. He may go on to be a success or he may join the ranks of mangers who last a season or so and then move onto the next job. One thing for sure he won't get the couple of seasons to get it right that we gave him.

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

malmo

His worst for me - 10 men at half time and lose. Something clearly not been right in the dressing room this season, the focus is off so maybe it is the right time to say goodbye. Hopefully we move quickly to sort our next man and he has at least a week with the players who aren't on international duty. 

Very disappointed in Gerrard.

I think he should have stayed put until the end of the season. There is a league title to defend, as well as domestic and European cup competitions to challenge for.

I understand his ultimate goal is to manage Liverpool and he probably needs to prove himself in the EPL first, but surely he could have waited until the summer ? I understand jumping ship mid season if it was LFC that was calling but not Aston bloody Villa.

The board would gain a lot of good will and the galvanisation of the club would be in full swing if we managed to get Gio in by Monday. 

Btw I’m quite happy to go in wae an interim for one game only IF it meant getting Gio but if we’re going interim for 2-3 weeks to end up with some nonsense like McInnes they can forget it

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm the opposite, if he left us being 10 points clear that wouldn't have annoyed me as much.

Let me put it another way.

If we were purring like a Rolls Royce and his decision was going to wreck that, I’d be raging.

But we’re all over the place at the back and a long way from our best so a refresh might not be bad news after all.

Leaving mid season is utter shite. I've enjoyed our time under Gerrard, we've played some really good football and he brought great European nights back to Ibrox. Bringing 55 home will always be the most important stat of his time here. I honestly feel the job wasn't finished, far from it, but if he wants to go then he goes.

If we can come back from Walter Smith leaving the club twice (done so in the most respected and correct way) then we will be just fine moving forward.

There are some names linked with us fill me with excitement and some that fill me with dread, but regardless who it is they will get my full support as that's what they need, if we don't then there is only one winner.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Let me put it another way.

If we were purring like a Rolls Royce and his decision was going to wreck that, I’d be raging.

But we’re all over the place at the back and a long way from our best so a refresh might not be bad news after all.

My view as well

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Would be pretty hilarious if we are playing Liverpool in the CL at Ibrox on a Wednesday night next season and he's managing in the English championship on the same night.

He’ll be a pundit and will get Gary Mac to take the game.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

The board would gain a lot of good will and the galvanisation of the club would be in full swing if we managed to get Gio in by Monday. 

Btw I’m quite happy to go in wae an interim for one game only IF it meant getting Gio but if we’re going interim for 2-3 weeks to end up with some nonsense like McInnes they can forget it

If we're going with someone likes McInnes, we'll know very quickly. In fact, if it's him, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was announced with 24 hours of Gerrard officially leaving. 

2 minutes ago, STEVEH said:

Very disappointed in Gerrard.

I think he should have stayed put until the end of the season. There is a league title to defend, as well as domestic and European cup competitions to challenge for.

I understand his ultimate goal is to manage Liverpool and he probably needs to prove himself in the EPL first, but surely he could have waited until the summer ? I understand jumping ship mid season if it was LFC that was calling but not Aston bloody Villa.

It may be a family thing