Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Surely it will be Wilson who has the biggest say in this, that’s one of the key things about the director of football role isn’t it?

Another potentially worrying thought if his track record in the transfer market is anything to go by.

I think he will fall hook line and sinker for a “training ground coach” type manager when what we really need is a leader of men type manager who gives off that authoritative vibe.

Ditching us mid way through a season is poor, I would expect better than that from him tbh.

I know we've been playing poorly but this leaves us in a horrible spot. We are going to be stuck with Murty ffs until we get a new manager.

Number one target for me would be Dean Smith.

1 minute ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Oh dear oh dear!! Gotta imagine Beale etc will go as part of his team too… Proper hard one on who will be the next manager tbh!!! Genuinely no clue!!

Robbie Neilson has proven track record in our league but would prefer a bigger name! Tough one

More chance of it being Dennis Neilson tbh.

14 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Well if he goes at this stage of the season then he goes with absolutely no best wishes from me, he can go fuck himself, I hope he falls flat on his arse, I don't care how harsh that sounds. 

100% Scotty.

I think continuity is our best bet here so, if Gerrard leaves, I really hope we offer Beale the gig then bring in McCann or promote Defoe as his assistant. He wants to be his own man: give him the chance to do it here and keep our identity intact until the season’s over (at least).