Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

What are the permutations that would stop that? Didn’t know this 

Someone winning the CL and not having qualified for next season through their own league. Unlikely but not impossible. Actually think Gerrard was part of the last team to do it. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

If, as some the posts suggest he’s going it means the clubs are already talking. Kris Boyd said this morning as far as he knows, there has been no contact between the clubs. Don’t really know what to believe right now. 

They both add up. Villa aren't approaching anyone until tomorrow.

Just now, Dave Whelan said:

I’d tell Gerrard we will back him with millions in January to win the league and have a crack at the Champions League. If we offer him that choice then it’s an easy decision over mid table life with Villa. They aren’t breaking into that top 6 anytime soon 

With no money? 

We are in the red and need to sell not buy. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

I’d tell Gerrard we will back him with millions in January to win the league and have a crack at the Champions League. If we offer him that choice then it’s an easy decision over mid table life with Villa. They aren’t breaking into that top 6 anytime soon 

Does that money grow on trees? If so, i want some.

56 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard was hired from a marketing point of view and that woked out immensely. The perfect man to handle the Scottish press. Gerrard has great work ethics and is probably a better manager now than when he arrived. But make no mistake, most of what he has learned comes from his backroom staff, especially Beale. He can't be underestimated.

I'd like to think Gerrard is better now than when he arrived.  Beale has spent most of his career coaching kids.  The degree of Beale's influence on Gerrard and the team is unknown to us.  You say Beale can't be underestimated but you must consider that he can also be overestimated.

BlueAvenger and graeme_4 like this

21 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Sam Wallace is one of the most credible journalists in England.

He is, but if you look at the article its mostly about the villa side of it, apart from the slight bit about gerrard interested the rest is about villa getting someone in by monday etc etc, he is very fly about how the article is written

I still think gerrard will go btw, im not burying my head, but regarding the article its like he's covering all bases 

MayboleLoyal_atb likes this

3 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

:lol:

Monopoly millions aye?

• DBBTB changed the title to Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official