Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He probably wants a contract similar to Tavernier's. If that's the case, can't really blame him.

It’s been rumoured for a while he wants to break our contract structure, making him the highest paid player at the club. 

It was either Ross Wilson or Stewart Robertson that alluded to it at the AGM. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s been rumoured for a while he wants to break our contract structure, making him the highest paid player at the club. 

It was either Ross Wilson or Stewart Robertson that alluded to it at the AGM. 

What would you say that is? probably around 40k pw sorry he's certainly no worth that ffs so he's welcome to leave next summer 

36 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'd say 30million from champions league is more important than selling our best cb in January when I doubt we could replace him without paying OTT because it's January. 

Regardless of form Goldson is always available for selection as well. He's got a huge part to play in the remainder of the season. 

Scraping that at this stage would be suicidal. 

And what’s the cost if he stays, plays and continues to have clear lapses in concentration because he knows he’s on the way out?

It’s up to the club to weigh up the pros and cons and selling him in January and if we are going to be linked with players like Doekhi and Hoedt as replacements then we would be just fine without him.

The team isn’t going to fall to rack and ruin because we sell Connor Goldson and people need to stop implying that it would.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We are doing that right now with Bassey and Goldson.

Yeah because of injuries we have no choice it's not something we should be doing off our own back. 

I'd also say the reason it's working atm is Goldson is next to bassey 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

And what’s the cost if he stays, plays and continues to have clear lapses in concentration because he knows he’s on the way out?

It’s up to the club to weigh up the pros and cons and selling him in January and if we are going to be linked with players like Doekhi and Hoedt as replacements then we would be just fine without him.

The team isn’t going to fall to rack and ruin because we sell Connor Goldson and people need to stop implying that it would.

We all need to see what the alternative is before coming to that conclusion.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Prague with a CB pairing of balagun and bassey will take alot to recover from😂 look at the difference when Goldson has been beside bassey. 

January isn't the time to sell our best cb mate. 

Much could we get a million or 2 maximum we ain't getting anywhere near his level for that in January 

36 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You are making him out to be a far better player than he actually is.

Yes he plays most weeks but in four years he’s had one consistent season. Aside from that it’s been constant lapses in concentration and a sideshow of comedy errors.

If he wants out, recover as much of the fee that we paid for him as we can and give Gio some of the money to get his own player in.

The truth on Goldson is somewhere in between maybe I am overpaying his importance just like some are trying to downplay. 

However u say let him go and let Gio bring in his own player. How much do u see us getting for Goldson? 

Then we go and source a replacement which we will need to pay a premium for.

Before he joined Rangers he was a guy who had potential, managed only 160 games at the age of 26 and recently had a heart surgery with doubts all over his career. Rangers made him who he is today.  I know hes important player but i cant stand players who dont want to be around. Thanks for 55th and get him to fuck in January. Turns 29 in few days. Watch him getting loaned out to a Championship side in less than 2 years.

42 minutes ago, demise said:

Before he joined Rangers he was a guy who had potential, managed only 160 games at the age of 26 and recently had a heart surgery with doubts all over his career. Rangers made him who he is today.  I know hes important player but i cant stand players who dont want to be around. Thanks for 55th and get him to fuck in January. Turns 29 in few days. Watch him getting loaned out to a Championship side in less than 2 years.

I'm sure he will be fine with that if another club gives him the money he wants, as would any of us.

We paid him to do a job and he's doing, he owes the club absolutely nothing.