What do we do?

MacBoyd

Just cannot get into any sort of form this year at all. I think our performances have been better since the parkhead game but still drew 2 out of 4 of the games. 3 wins in 8 in the league, abysmal.

For me drop mcgregor, play balagon if fit. Kamara should be well down the pecking order. Not a roofe fan but he can at least score, so maybe need to get him in.

Not confident at all anymore though tbh, I seen someone say in another thread if we were a point clear with a game to go I really would doubt we'd finish the job. The players have always had question marks over their mentality and this season has been the worst of all. Losing late goals, several leads, spilling loads of home points, never ever getting late winners, calamitous errors, not clinical upfront. Do fear the problem is in their head, cos you can't do what we do in Europe unless your talented 

I hate the whole we need to win x amount in a row etc but we have 2 matches this week before a 2 week break in league. We need 6 points and we will be at worst 3 behind heading into the run in/ibrox old firm. Not ideal but not impossible. However if we fail to win those we can forget it, won't even take it to the wire. No excuses st Johnstone are fighting for there lives and the usual bullshit about the sheep raising there game. We need to be 100 per cent fired up for these games.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

One of major issues is that Gio has no faith in some of his squad.

We’re asking the same players to play 90 minutes 3 times a week now.

Guys like Morelos and Kent were out on their feet on Thursday but had to play ninety minutes, and then start today  and as game went on they looked spent again. 

Arfield and Aribo too but the fact is that there isn’t any back up.

Playing arfield was weird he was fucked on Thursday 

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Guys like Morelos and Kent were out on their feet on Thursday but had to play ninety minutes, and then start today  and as game went on they looked spent again. 

I never agree with players playing too much. Jack said in an interview the other day he'd rather play every game if it was his choice, but if the manager/medical team tell him otherwise he'll accept it. 

Look at the season we won the league in 91 last game of the season to the sheep - that team was bare bones- Browns achilles was fucked, Tom Cowan broken leg and the 92/93 season Champions league run. We had the same team game in game out more or less that whole season, and players are probably fitter now than they were then. Always play your strongest team, especially when going for a title. 

Its easy to get caught up in how pish we've been and we absolutely will drop points before playing them again but in their last 4 games the tims have been utter shite as well. They've looked gassed at times and their only win in their last 4 was a late winner at home against Dundee. They've absolutely had some "fortunate" decisions go their way as well but their luck has to run out at some point. 

St Mirren, Livi and Ross County next in the league for them and will not be easy fixtures. If they get 9/9 in those games and beat us at Ibrox I'll concede the league but think we've got a few more twists to come. 

Looking likely the league will be decided by games against each other.

We need to blow up the roster in summer because this team as past the end of it's cycle. The problem is that most of our assets don't have much left on their contracts and if we don't win the league ( and I don't think we will) we have to rebuild on a shoestring whilst they pocket 40 million quid by entry into the Champions League based on a coefficient that we've propped up for years. I still think a lot of people underestimate the potential consequences of losing this title. 

What we do in the short term to start picking up results, I do not know. I'm sickened with it tbh. The Dortmund results mean fuck all when we drop 4 points that would have taken us to the top of the table in the space of a week. I'd happily give those results in Europe away for those 4 points. We've absolutely fucked this and I'm disgusted with it.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I came on to post similar sentiments. You said what I was going to type mate.

59 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Drop Mcregor for a fucking start. It's unacceptable the pish easy goals he's letting in over and over and over again this season and still starting games. Cost us 9 points alone so far and will cost us plenty fucking more in the next month or so. 

Otherwise there's no much we can do given how shite the back ups are for most if not all positions are and the constant injuries keeping quality players out the team.

He's got to be benched or the league is done, can't believe I'm saying that about Alan but there's been too many fuck ups, I don't think Gio will drop him by the way.

8 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Look, you're gonna get the usual doom merchants saying the league is done and the usual. Doesn't help. However as concerned as I am, and I am concerned, bizarrely I'd be more worried if we were scraping games and not picking anything up. Since the old firm we were brilliant against the Edinburgh clubs, and actually good against Dundee Utd and the first half today. I feel we are conceding goals from moments of weakness and mistakes as opposed to teams building up pressure. You have to try and take some positives from that.

We can't do fuck all but support our team and when we support, we make a difference. Gio needs a sit down and draw a line in the sand from today going forward. Quickly learn where we have failed previous games and move forward. Dwelling on it won't help.

I'm not being naive or blinded, I know results have been terrible lately. I'm just no ready to write them off.

4233439_Screenshot_20220228-073906_FlashscoreUK.thumb.jpg.3983d4110bb94cd1d4c69d066c0b7ca4.jpg

Thats the second half stats yesterday, we absolutely battered them again, just that 3 experienced players contrived to fucking give motherwell two goals

Defence is error ridden. We can't seem to go a game without a mistake. I'd drop mcgregor and give McLaughlin his chance. Balogun and Goldson need to start next 2 games. 

Our next issues is the chances we aren't taking. The amount of shots we're having and just no putting them away. We have to get more clinical up front especially when we're on top. 

Honestly don’t think we need to change much that’s the last two league games we’ve absolutely battered teams, one major change I’d make is McGregor. Love the guy but he’s fast becoming a liability just off the top of my head that’s six points he’s cost us this season. 

9 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There is plenty back up  especially when 2-0 up, Davis,Roofe, Wright, Diallo, Itten, Barisic, Sands, could all come on at 2-0 up, fresh legs and Motherwell would still be camped in there box.

McGregor 

Tav

Goldson

Balogun

Barisic

Lundstram

Kamara

Sands

Diallo

Sakala

Wright

I have managed to get Bassey, Arfield, Kent, Morelos, Aribo off there and that team is more than capable for completing a job when 2-0 up at home to Motherwell. And 6 players with a point to prove!

The 5 mentioned about were dead on their feet and also complacent after Thursday nights high

9 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Drop Mcregor for a fucking start. It's unacceptable the pish easy goals he's letting in over and over and over again this season and still starting games. Cost us 9 points alone so far and will cost us plenty fucking more in the next month or so. 

Otherwise there's no much we can do given how shite the back ups are for most if not all positions are and the constant injuries keeping quality players out the team.

True. That time has come im afraid, the man is a club legend and the two other keepers we have will never get to the level he was at but this season he has cost us time and time again. Everything comes to an end and its a hard decision for GVB to have to make but it has to be done. As for other backups It would be quite nice if Aaron Ramsey would grace us with his presence as well, but i dont see that happening. Im afraid the pessimists were bang on with that signing, i got caught up in the hype. A complete and utter waste of everyones time.