The ‘Old Firm’ brand

graeme_4

Just now, graeme_4 said:

What the fuck was that about? 

Why are we pushing it? Mental they try to distance themselves from us, and we’re the ones clinging on. 

What’s the logic behind it?

Good question mate - I regarded it as dying with the way 2012 panned out.

I’ve no desire to be associated with it now.

27 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

What the fuck was that about? 

Why are we pushing it? Mental they try to distance themselves from us, and we’re the ones clinging on. 

What’s the logic behind it?

The only thing I could think of is it was their way of hammering home to the Aussie organisers that was the reason we pulled out

Means if/when we get sued, we can point to us using the branding and that we actively push it

Otherwise it was fucking embarrassing

The timing wasn't the best in hindsight but I appreciated the motive. Across the whole tim community they are forced to deny the old firm as it implies a long history which contradicts our 10 years as a club in their eyes. We don't need to embrace them but I'm happy to embrace the "old firm" term because it annoys the fu*k out of them.

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

The timing wasn't the best in hindsight but I appreciated the motive. Across the whole tim community they are forced to deny the old firm as it implies a long history which contradicts our 10 years as a club in their eyes. We don't need to embrace them but I'm happy to embrace the "old firm" term because it annoys the fu*k out of them.

Yeah, really annoyed the fuck out the them yesterday. Could see it on their faces at full time....

54 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Yeah, really annoyed the fuck out the them yesterday. Could see it on their faces at full time....

I could swear I wrote "the timing of it wasn't the best in hindsight " but you just ignore that to let us know your hurting.