Can we win the title?

MacBoyd

Given we’ve played 4 more games than them in this block, being 2 points behind isn’t too bad. Personally think we just need to stay within touching distance until  the World Cup, and then we’ll have players like hagi and helander returning from injury and we can hopefully make a couple of January signings as well. 

They clearly can’t maintain their intensity without a week in between games. And today was still only their 2nd game this week. I actually think we may have better depth than them. If they had the amount if injuries that we do I think they’d be fucked. 

Good weekend for us. However, had they not lost I wouldn’t have felt that way based on our performance yesterday. The difference is that they have a manager that will try to make sure they learn from their mistakes today. We have a manager who seems stuck on one way of playing and will not change. He is fucking chuffed to get the win against United so, for him he is validated in his tactics.  
I believe the only way we win the title is with a new manager. That said , I can’t see it happening. It suits this board too much to have someone as passive as GVB. 

8 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

How do you work that out?

We lost two points due to a refereeing error, leaving a defeat to them away as the only dropped points.

Not defending GVB necessarily as our style of play is rotten atm but what you posted is nonsense. 

It doesn't fit people's agenda to not blame Gio for Hibs.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

far too many of our own embarrassingly blowing smoke up their arses 

Truly cringeworthy that some of our support look up to them as a benchmark. A one dimensional team continuously embaressed in  Europe is no benchmark for me. 

People were going on about us playing the ball to the Dundee Utd corner in the final minutes yesterday instead of finishing the game off. Every team does it FFS! 

Same people would go fucking ballistic if they got possession and scored for a draw. Was a shit game yesterday but 3 points in the bag.  The taigs can't say that today.

The league is a marathon, not a sprint. Some of our support totally lack patience and forethought and go mental even when we win. 

27 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It doesn't fit people's agenda to not blame Gio for Hibs.

Imagine that game was reffed properly...

Some posters didn't want Gio and have been on his back since day one. We'd have a new manager every 6 months if some posters had their way. They spend half the year proposing alternative managers. :lol:

No doubting we have had a bad start to the season, but we have lost fuck all yet.

I'd have preferred we'd spalshed the cash and brought more players in after CL qualification but I doubt that was down to Gio.  

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Imagine that game was reffed properly...

Some posters didn't want Gio and have been on his back since day one. We'd have a new manager every 6 months if some posters had their way. They spend half the year proposing alternative managers. :lol:

No doubting we have had a bad start to the season, but we have lost fuck all yet.

I'd have preferred we'd spalshed the cash and brought more players in after CL qualification but I doubt that was down to Gio.  

I've stopped going on about it now. I'm far from convinced by Gio but I don't want rid yet. End of the day we've lost two games in the league but some people use whatever they can to pick at Gio including blaming him for Hibs.

25 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I've stopped going on about it now. I'm far from convinced by Gio but I don't want rid yet. End of the day we've lost two games in the league but some people use whatever they can to pick at Gio including blaming him for Hibs.

I agree mate. I have no issues with people attributing blame where it is deserved.

We were robbed of a points against Hivs and everyone on here agreed with that. Anyone using stolen points to beat the manager or players with has alternative motives. 

Anyhow, I know we have had a poor start to the season, but the team needs us to back them, not surrendering the title as some have been doing over last few weeks. 

*Edit.

We'd have been in second place today, but only on goal difference if not for that ridiculous refereeing performance.

1 hour ago, Big Al 55 said:

We lost two points due to a refereeing error, leaving a defeat to them away as the only dropped points.

Not defending GVB necessarily as our style of play is rotten atm but what you posted is nonsense. 

Answered your own question.

I predicted they'd struggle more this season than last due to to european comp issues. Surprised its come so soon, really didn't expect it today.

It's good that their backups played and failed them, they'll likely now put more emphasis on their key players playing more than they'd ideally want them to, which hopefully leads to injuries.

If only we could get our own shit together.

3 hours ago, The Beast said:

The St Mirren score changes nothing about the problems we have.

We are allowed to enjoy our rivals getting beat though or do you disagree?

If we hadn’t been cheated out of 2 points v Hibs we would be level on points at this point while playing badly, while more or less a full team is on the treatment table.

No one is happy about recent scores, me personally I have given up on Europe this year, but I also remember the slagging Gio got last year and look what happened. 
Yesterday folk on here were already saying the league is over and best we can hope for is a cup win, fkn changed now hasn’t it.

Still everything to play for domestically, I would be surprised if we get points in Europe but as I have always said still everything to play for domestically.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I predicted they'd struggle more this season than last due to to european comp issues. Surprised its come so soon, really didn't expect it today.

It's good that their backups played and failed them, they'll likely now put more emphasis on their key players playing more than they'd ideally want them to, which hopefully leads to injuries.

Other thing is there is a high chance they will progress in Europe meaning we play Saturday they play Sunday.

Hopefully them slipping up gives the players and management a bit of belief

1 hour ago, Big Al 55 said:

Tarriers -3 would have them on 15

Us + 3 would have us on 19 

4 ahead.. 

2 hours ago, Iakona said:

Sadly I still don’t think we will. Happy to be proven wrong of course.

You need to play positively to win titles and we simply don’t have the players or coaching staff to achieve that.

Same coaching staff that got us to a EL final a few months ago. 

It's early days in the season. Our football has been hard to watch,  but new players need time to integrate into the team to 'prove you wrong' mate. 

I still don’t think we’ve got much chance of winning the league unfortunately.

Our best hope will be to not drop any further behind before Christmas and against the odds spend some decent money on quality players early in January, we then have to hope Ross Wilson & the scouting team have actually identified players who can come in and hit the ground running which is all extremely unlikely.

2 hours ago, Teddybear123 said:

Given we’ve played 4 more games than them in this block, being 2 points behind isn’t too bad. Personally think we just need to stay within touching distance until  the World Cup, and then we’ll have players like hagi and helander returning from injury and we can hopefully make a couple of January signings as well. 

They clearly can’t maintain their intensity without a week in between games. And today was still only their 2nd game this week. I actually think we may have better depth than them. If they had the amount if injuries that we do I think they’d be fucked. 

Don’t for a second think we can rely on Helander & especially Hagi this year.

When players come back from a ACL injury it usually takes 6 months to a year for said player to get back to proper form even after they have technically recovered from the injury. 

3 hours ago, Teddybear123 said:

Stop being so positive on here. will be accused of burying tour head in the sand from the usual pessimistic posters

The scum have a history of dropping points domestically after a Euro away match.

Sr Mirren though,their first defeat there in the league in  something like 37 years!

:craphead:

Hope the scummy bastards cry themselves to sleep. 

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Lost 1 and drew 1 although the draw felt like a defeat !

3 hours ago, Teddybear123 said:

They'll just get the league stopped for a bit until they're fit

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I don’t disagree with any of that.  But what really worries me, is that’s twice we’ve went to their place and been mullered by them and totally collapsed.  Yet, St Mirren do them 2-0.

I can look beyond losing to higher quality outfits in the CL.  But not recurring no-shows against them.  

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Stop being so positive on here. will be accused of burying tour head in the sand from the usual pessimistic posters

The scum have a history of dropping points domestically after a Euro away match.

Sr Mirren though,their first defeat there in the league in  something like 37 years!

:craphead:

Hope the scummy bastards cry themselves to sleep. 

They lost 4-0 there in Mowbry’s last game. We lost at Tannadice in the Scottish Cup on the same night 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Enjoyed the karma of today, and had a wee chuckle at them.

Problem is we are absolute dug meat right now, and them dropping points doesn’t really change much.

Only change is 3 points  but I know what you mean. International break coming up time to regroup hope to have Lawrence back and Davies fit and up to speed. 

10 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Silly Billy.

How is it silly?  The other lot losing to St Mirren doesn't make us a better team or make Gio a better manager or make our signings improve.  Their bad result should not be allowed to paper over the cracks in our club.