We’re absolutely fucking getting there

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, The No.9 said:

Can't agree at all tbh we're so funking slow and can't miss a man out in build up we had the wide switch all day long tonight and didn't hit it once, the amount of times we continue to do a slow pass behind the guy where they have to check back and get pressed back to the keeper is unbelievable and on the other end we barely pressed as a unit yet again.

We have barely any width and both full backs are clearly a but slower these days as you naturally do get.

Still send in a lot of high aimless crosses and don't have a big CF like Hateley to hammer any of them home.

Still slack at the back and while we created more tonight it still felt like it wasn't enough that team were so open at times yet the only players in our entire squad who knew how to expose a gap were the fucking CBs!

Believe it or not I'm happy we won lol but the tie should be over and done with and truth be told I'm still a bit worried just domestically again we still look off their pace.

In an ideal world we get another couple defenders and maybe at least a winger? Before the window ends I still feel we didn't get the striker we needed but we won't be doing any more on that front.

Couldn't agree more with our overall play. Think most are just trying to find any positives and hoping the new signings just need some time cause if Beale has fucked this it could be a disaster this season

Must have been watching a different game tbh.

Excellent first 15-20 minutes but after that both teams settled down and we both got into our shape it became a hard game.

Better play at times and their keeper did save them twice, but think it'll be a very tough game next week and they are shite. 

Started well and looked like we were going to blow them away. The Lammers miss and them getting back into it with their penalty killed our momentum and it was back to the same turgid shite after that. Either struggling to put a decent move together or completely overplaying it to the point it looked like we were scared to shoot.

The new attackers will come good though. They just need time to get used each other as well as settling into the club. 

It’s going to be a process getting the performances right. 

We should have been out of sight at 3-0 tonight and then who knows, maybe the confidence is flowing and we get another couple. 

As it stands the tie is still very much alive and the second half wasn’t good. 

From the USG game one year ago today only three of the fifteen players that were involved in that match were on the pitch today, and they were all in the back four. 

We've undergone a huge change in personnel in the forward half of the pitch and it takes time to build chemistry. 

I’ll keep backing the team and manager and I trust them collectively to improve the performances over time. The main thing at the moment is picking up results. 

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Batter Livingston and build again.

We won't batter Livingston i can see it being a repition of the shite i have grown accustomed to. Go one up,miss multiple chances,suffer several heart attacks late on whenever Livi get a corner a free kick or a throw in near our box,then eventually kill the game with a late second. We don't look capable of battering a fish to bung in a supper.

Stayed off the forum and match thread most of the night and only really catching up. Can't actually believe the negativity on here and that's saying something as the negative voices have been becoming more prominent over the last year or so.

Completely agree with the thread title. We could have and should have been out of sight in the first half but I can only say that because we actually created chances tonight. Several in fact and that will only get better as the players develop more of an understanding with each other.

Defensively on the whole we looked pretty solid for the second game in a row with only another freak individual mistake resulting in the opposition scoring.

Plenty of positives for me. Only disappointment is that the final score wasn't more because our play deserved at least a 2 goal lead.

Final note to put off anyone who is considering liking this post. Borna was excellent again tonight. Great cross for the goal and created several more chances. We should probably have been feeding him the ball more as he made several decent runs, finding himself in acres of space out on the left. Looked to have some confidence as well tonight, even doing a step over to get a yard of space to squeeze in a cross late in the 2nd half. 

38 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

We won't batter Livingston i can see it being a repition of the shite i have grown accustomed to. Go one up,miss multiple chances,suffer several heart attacks late on whenever Livi get a corner a free kick or a throw in near our box,then eventually kill the game with a late second. We don't look capable of battering a fish to bung in a supper.

That's the spirit!

Improvement from Saturday , though it really couldn't have got any worse , against stubborn opposition .

I can see glimpses of what we're trying to do , so I'd say it's more of a team still getting to know each other rather than not being good enough . 

Still quite positive we'll get through this tie , and we'll see a more fluent football team on the park in a couple of months . Until then , we just need to grind out wins .

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Apart from the 16 shots at goal 8 on target. But aye get what you mean. 

We could have and should have doubled that given the possession we had around it - the obsession to knock it wide to Tav, to 'recycle' it back around to Barisic was chronic to watch.