I’m a wee bit embarrassed

KeyserSoze

26 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Btw the manager needs to go but players being unable to pass the ball 5yard to each other is on them not him. He can't go and do it for them it's a mentality thing. They can't handle the expectations of the crowd. He said it himself after match how do you go from the high of Thursday night to those levels today. Ultimately tho he is the manager the blame is at his door.  The complete inability to cope with pressure or loss the head in adversity has gone on through Gerrard (before covid) Gvb now beale it is a serious issue. 

He has full control over signings, it’s on him. 

Honestly people need to settle down a bit.  I would have completely understood a thread like this after the scum game but we have just won 3 games in the last week, including a very tricky Euro tie with several of our key players out.  We are putting wins on the board and keeping clean sheets.  I'd rather that than playing pretty football and dropping points.  Jury is out on Beale but if he keeps winning then he will keep his job.  Massive game against Livi and Aberdeen - if we can get another two wins with some goals then things will look a bit more rosy. 

2 hours ago, RDB14 said:

Honestly people need to settle down a bit.  I would have completely understood a thread like this after the scum game but we have just won 3 games in the last week, including a very tricky Euro tie with several of our key players out.  We are putting wins on the board and keeping clean sheets.  I'd rather that than playing pretty football and dropping points.  Jury is out on Beale but if he keeps winning then he will keep his job.  Massive game against Livi and Aberdeen - if we can get another two wins with some goals then things will look a bit more rosy. 

:lol:

3 hours ago, RDB14 said:

Yeah , he's still a lot to get through but we're grinding out results right now after the c....c and psv games , without 3 or 4 of our best players . On top of which , we traditionally drop points after a tough European game , which thankfully we avoided yesterday . 

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the criticism but I've seen managers come back after from worse . 

4 hours ago, RDB14 said:

We only thing that’s keeping him in a job just now are results as performances are horrendous. However we all know how this ends as defeats are just round the corner then he’ll have nothing to keep him in a job.

5 hours ago, RDB14 said:

Give yourself a shake.

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the criticism but I've seen managers come back after from worse . 

Have you? I can't remember a manager at the club winning in europe midweek then winning in the league the following game and at full time being booed off the park. He has lost the fans and the players it would seem. There is no way back.

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

He said it himself after match how do you go from the high of Thursday night to those levels today.

I don’t know why Beale is even surprised at that because that’s the level of inconsistency we’ve shown for the best part of five years now. 

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Btw the manager needs to go but players being unable to pass the ball 5yard to each other is on them not him. He can't go and do it for them it's a mentality thing. They can't handle the expectations of the crowd. He said it himself after match how do you go from the high of Thursday night to those levels today. Ultimately tho he is the manager the blame is at his door.  The complete inability to cope with pressure or loss the head in adversity has gone on through Gerrard (before covid) Gvb now beale it is a serious issue. 

I actually think the high of Thurs wasn’t really all that high, it was two teams that really lacked quality.

Mostly cancelled each other out by being equally pish, rather than equally good.

Got his tactics right that night though, absolutely no idea either what he’s trying to do or why he’s trying to do it for 90% of this season. 

13 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Watching his post match interview there, it's not a happy camp. 

I've read a lot of folk mentioning the players not wanting to play for him, hoping that he gets booted. Although I get that, they better fuck off with that attitude. It's not up to them who we have as a manager. Whether they like it or not, he's the boss, they are the ones that are lucky enough to wear the strips. They need to go out and bust a gut. 

Ultimately though, Beale needs to change the formation and be more attack minded. He won't last to Christmas if he doesn't! 

It always easier to get rid of one man than a whole team. Why we didn't bin him in the International break will remain a mystery to me.

I wanted him gone at the end of last season he's was clueless both tactically and his subs and embarrassed against them constantly.

2 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Have you? I can't remember a manager at the club winning in europe midweek then winning in the league the following game and at full time being booed off the park. He has lost the fans and the players it would seem. There is no way back.

Yep , can remember fans chanting ' Wallace must go ' after losing the first two league games of the season 77/78 . Went on to win the treble . 

Jock Walkace was a fighter though , so Beale is going to have to find the same qualities if he is to turn this around . 

7 hours ago, RDB14 said:

Well said Michael.

14 hours ago, the old guard said:

I agree, he was trying to shut the game out so sterling who has more experience would have been a better choice imo, just one of a few bizarre decisions he made today.

Correct, bizarre decisions, Matondo on the right, Wright on the left. Souttar on for Matondo. Again another different eleven from the previous games. Brings on a youngster when we are only winning 1-0. Another awful performance. Beale does not have a clue and needs to go.

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yep , can remember fans chanting ' Wallace must go ' after losing the first two league games of the season 77/78 . Went on to win the treble . 

Jock Walkace was a fighter though , so Beale is going to have to find the same qualities if he is to turn this around . 

I was born in the 90's so I'll sit this one out 😂

13 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Watching his post match interview there, it's not a happy camp. 

I've read a lot of folk mentioning the players not wanting to play for him, hoping that he gets booted. Although I get that, they better fuck off with that attitude. It's not up to them who we have as a manager. Whether they like it or not, he's the boss, they are the ones that are lucky enough to wear the strips. They need to go out and bust a gut. 

Ultimately though, Beale needs to change the formation and be more attack minded. He won't last to Christmas if he doesn't! 

You’ve got to wonder what’s going on in the dressing room.

To a man, all the new players made a point of mentioning the manager making a great personal effort to get them to sign. 

Perhaps now they’ve signed they realise he’s a bit of a fud: we’ve all been there before, where we quickly discover the boss is a bit of a fuck wit.

I’m not saying that’s what happened, but it looks like it. 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

To a man, all the new players made a point of mentioning the manager making a great personal effort to get them to sign. 

Perhaps now they’ve signed they realise he’s a bit of a fud: we’ve all been there before, where we quickly discover the boss is a bit of a fuck wit.

Beale is like a real life version of one of those old teleshopping adverts you would see before certain channels on Sky started or after they finished their broadcasts for the day where all the products were presented and sold to you in a way that looked class, but you know fine well if you actually ordered one of them it would be cheap, poorly performing garbage. 

7 minutes ago, beararse said:

As someone mentioned earlier, he was shouting at the players on the touchline and nobody was listening to him

8 hours ago, RDB14 said:

I get the point you're trying to make winning matters most off course it does. However we can all see the way we are playing is showing very few signs of any coherent style or plan in our play. We simply can't continue to play this way and expect to scrape wins. I'll continue to back the team hoping rather than expecting a turnaround in performance but big changes are required and it's looking more and more apparent Beale is failing to communicate what he wants from the players.

15 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

It’s hard to say exactly why, but I don’t think the manager played it correctly… playing it with a flat midfield 3 isn’t going to work… especially when Jack is one of the wide CMs. And Scott Wright before him. The number of 2nd balls that we didn’t get to was incredible… mainly due to midfield sitting too deep… the game ended up being Motherwell winning the 2nd ball and countering quickly… so maybe that forced Tav to sit rather than pushing on…. 
I think the way the manager played it was way too negative 

The 2nd ball which we constantly have an issue with was particularly bad yesterday, he’s not reacting to obvious problems on the park in game time.